Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FS; 914 parts, excess inventory blowout sale, Make me a price
sebring66
post Oct 25 2013, 06:10 PM
Post #1

DON'T BUY PARTS FROM ME!!!!

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 15,592
Region Association: Southern California

Lets make a deal.

Porsche 914 Headlight motors(c6#1380) $80.00 http://s1130.photobucket.com/user/Carreras...CN2573.jpg.html

914 Alternator Fan (C6#2149) $200.00 https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-YwORX4xF...40/DSCN7249.JPG

Original 914 Long Seat Belts (C6#2169) $200.00 for set https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-atuEBOys...40/DSCN7354.JPG

914 Tachometer (C6#2211) $100.00 https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Glazufgf...40/DSCN7487.JPG]

914 Steering Wheel(C6#2297) $100.00https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-6cZZA8kyBik/UWxLH8yOf3I/AAAAAAAAEFg/UNJXwV8mPdM/s640/DSCN7645.JPG

For any other 911/914 needs, check out our website

https://www.sites.google.com/site/carreraparts/
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jimkelly
post Oct 25 2013, 07:38 PM
Post #2

Delaware USA

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,460
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

seems to be a ground swell of disappointment with you.

jim
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Oct 25 2013, 08:27 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15,438
Region Association: South East States

Well the deal seems to be prices that are too high, parts of questionable quality, and horrid service. So I think most of us with a brain will pass on any deal that involves you.
+Quote Post
McMark
post Oct 26 2013, 12:33 AM
Post #4

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419
Region Association: None

You and I have a VERY different idea of what BLOWOUT means. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Oct 26 2013, 05:53 AM
Post #5

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

here's your bump.
+Quote Post
carr914
post Oct 26 2013, 06:01 AM
Post #6

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 1,623

QUOTE(McMark @ Oct 26 2013, 02:33 AM) *

You and I have a VERY different idea of what BLOWOUT means. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
balljoint
post Oct 26 2013, 06:01 AM
Post #7

914 Wizard

Member No.: 1,897

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Jackass
+Quote Post
bandjoey
post Oct 26 2013, 09:45 AM
Post #8

bandjoey

Member No.: 8,156
Region Association: Southwest Region

Back Again.???? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
+Quote Post
boxstr
post Oct 26 2013, 10:07 AM
Post #9

MEMBER:PACIFIC NORTHWEST REGION

Member No.: 12
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Do you have a working fuel pump for a 1971 914.
Craig at CAMP
+Quote Post
davep
post Oct 26 2013, 10:20 AM
Post #10

914 Historian

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,244
Region Association: Canada

917longtail aka sebring66 aka Scott St Peter
has been banned on Pelican Parts, so please be careful
+Quote Post
76-914
post Oct 26 2013, 10:56 AM
Post #11

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

Go away. You don't fit "our" mold.
+Quote Post
SLITS
post Oct 26 2013, 12:19 PM
Post #12

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,696

I'm not commenting (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stromberg.gif)
+Quote Post
carr914
post Oct 26 2013, 01:59 PM
Post #13

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

QUOTE(SLITS @ Oct 26 2013, 02:19 PM) *

I'm not commenting (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stromberg.gif)

You just Did!
+Quote Post
gottago
post Oct 26 2013, 05:15 PM
Post #14

I'm new here ...

Member No.: 16,418

I've gotta put in my 2 cents but it's going to have to be a nickel as we no longer have pennies up here in Canuckistan.
I've read almost every post/thread by longtail on pelican and sebring here, negotiated unsuccessfully with Josh? on two occasions with email and phone, and, I buy and sell on both sites and, thanks to your members, on the Samba(Superior Turtlebacks) .

Scott, Josh, sebring, whatever your name is, one thing you must understand is that they have people everywhere, probably within an hour or two of where you are.

Believe Josh told me or I've read that it's a hanger full of parts in California. Yeah, I got it nailed down. Maybe one of the respected members of this group will just go there and check out the parts, see what's up and write a post on the thread that the parts are good, bad, average, overpriced, a deal or whatever? Nothing too critical, just an honest comparative opinion. I'd go just to see what all the fuss is about and pick through a whole lot of Porsche junk. Its more than a day from Vancouver, plus border and I'm a senior on a low fixed income(poor) so no.

Or maybe it's good enough for you folks to carry on bad mouthing, criticizing, name calling and REALLY PROMOTING him with bumps and then Craig asks for a fuel pump. I had to laugh. Or did you really need a fuel pump Craig?Let me know. And sebring66 will continue business as usual. I hate this word but,...AMAZING.
I have to admit it makes for great entertainment. The only thing that affects me is that sebring66 is making it really difficult for the rest of us "untrusted lurkers" who are here to just "dump our parts" on all the unsuspecting qualified members of this group without contributing. And money doesn't count. I do appreciate that "no one should be buying from a lurker until they have earned some trust". Not sure how that works as one has to sell in order to earn trust, maybe I have to put a couple thousand happy faces up on threads that count.
So we all now know, according to buyers on this site, that sebring over charges and under delivers...., to the extreme. Honestly, how would a high post count have stopped this guy from over charging and under delivering. How would a high post count have stopped buddy from paying $500 for a $300 pair of struts and then not being able to take delivery???
I have heard "ban him". Great idea, if you just want that entity gone but what is to stop him or someone else like him from doing the exact same thing,.. here,.. again. Could be that you all expect this sort of thing to happen on a regular basis and the men behind the curtain let it happen.
Munchhausen. Old Jedi mind trick.
Why do we sellers sell? One mans trash is another mans treasure? We remember what it was like trying to get parts before the internet? We're about to throw something out and we say to ourselves "wait, someone might need this some day". We like to feed the enthusiasm of a novice without breaking his bank? Popularity? We just plain love the damn cars and want to see the best for ALL of them regardless of the owner? Except for sebring I sure don't think we do it to make money, unless we're trying to mitigate a project cost. Hunt through your stuff for a $25 part, clean it, box it in bubble wrap, take it to the shipper and pay $15 to ship it. No, it's not a contribution to the group that gets counted but it is a sacrifice that takes considerable more effort than a few key strokes.

What to do?

Oh. Right, I suggested it to Craig(boxstr) a few days ago regarding the "Please ban this supplier! Sebring, Only here to take advantage of us" thread and as well this member with a 1 post(Milsha12) put the idea into these words;

"Also, there is no feedback function here like on eBay. I have NEVER received a negative response from a buyer, but nobody can tell that from my post count. Please don't take that number as a measure of a member's contributions here or as their rating as a seller."

Thank you Shaun(Milsha12)

Can a success rate/feedback/point system be instituted? I am no tech wizard but looking at all the technology going on with all the sites that do this sort of thing, AND, Ebay does it so......why not?, really.

But then you'd lose all the drama and folks would know going in what the score is with a seller and the Emptor would be more Caveat. No fun.

Never going to happen.
Here we go.
regards
Alex
(untrusted lurker)
+Quote Post
PCA7GGR
post Oct 26 2013, 05:37 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 1,219

Not sure, but I think I just heard the Fat Lady singing.
+Quote Post
Java2570
post Oct 26 2013, 09:18 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 13,035
Region Association: Upper MidWest

In reference to the untrusted lurker issue, 914 World and pretty much any other small enthusiast forum is going to take issue with someone who tries to sell questionable parts at an inflated price. It's against the spirit of the whole community. Hell, I've got a low post count here but that didn't stop people offering to help out if I really needed something....I've had people send me stuff for the price of shipping and I still see that.
It's impressive! I really don't care one lick about Sebring66 or whatever....I look at the ads and it all looks like mostly junk. I just move on and find it somewhere else.
It's a little bit of the eBay mentality with this seller and that seems like a fitting place for him to blow out his stuff.
+Quote Post
carr914
post Oct 26 2013, 09:54 PM
Post #17

Racer from Birth

Alex, I don't even know what you were trying to say!

But no one needs to go to this warehouse & be a Judge. Pictures, Prices & the Ability to Deliver are what counts! Sebring is reading this stuff & has not said One Word to defend himself! At least dANny went off on us, sent us Nasty pm's & eMails because somehow he thought he was right.

Even though we have a large number of Members, we are a tight knit group and a lot of us sell stuff cheap to keep the cars going. Some us give stuff away all the time.

This guy won't be the last crappy Seller, but it doesn't take us long to spot an AssHat!
+Quote Post
scotty b
post Oct 27 2013, 05:29 AM
Post #18

rust free you say ?

Member No.: 3,419

Alex, I assume you posted your diatribe on Pelican, Early S and wherever else thig guy keeps posting, bumping and being called out on his practices ? In case you aren't aware, this isn't the only site this is going on at, and we aren't the only people complaining. you claim we are simply promoting him with our " bumps " How in the hell is bumping a thread full of complaints " promoting " his business ? Maybe a little more research on YOUR part is required before going off on the rest of this community who is merely looking out for one another (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Oct 27 2013, 06:36 AM
Post #19

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

perhaps a 'complimentary' bump from other members is a bit of irony, or (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stirthepot.gif) , or (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif) , or (IMG:style_emoticons/default/KMA.gif) , or (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) , or (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bs.gif) …who knows? the shadow do…

k
+Quote Post
hot_shoe914
post Oct 27 2013, 07:01 AM
Post #20

on ramp passer

Member No.: 8,354

but it doesn't take us long to spot an AssHat!

Hey, who are you calling an asshat!!! I resemble that remark!
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 01:49 AM