Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Been readin',,, now I need advice..., New 914 Buyer
Cap'n Krusty
post Dec 23 2004, 12:31 AM
Post #21

Cap'n Krusty

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,246
Region Association: Central California

Somebody has disconnected and/or plugged the auxilliary air regulator hose and the inlet air boot and air cleaner are missing. Looks like an el cheapo distributor cap, zoomie wires, etc. Might have other crap generic tuneup parts as well. That leads me to wonder if the valves have been done at the correct intervals and to specs. Might want to carefully inspect the vacuum capsule, the breaker plate, and the ground wire inside the distributor. Matter of fact, it's more than interesting that the car has 83K on the odo .................................... It's 32 years old and looks like it's had substantial cosmetic doctoring. Wrong wheels, repaint (color change ?), and the deposit (console) doesn't look right in the picture. I dont see the vapor recovery hoses, either. There's rust inside the rear bumper pad, and the door latch has been painted, a clear sign of paintwork by someone who didn't give a sh*t. Get some help when you get down to the bucks. The Cap'n
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
McMark
post Dec 23 2004, 12:35 AM
Post #22

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419
Region Association: None

It has non-retracting seat belts. I bet it's not a 72. I bet it's not 83k miles either. I'd would definitely take a compression check on that engine before laying out any $. I would think an 83k mile engine would be in the 110 psi range on all cylinders.
+Quote Post
skline
post Dec 23 2004, 12:39 AM
Post #23

Born to Drive

Group: Members
Member No.: 17
Region Association: Southern California

Maybe they painted them, Dont listen to these guys, get someone to look at the car with you that knows them pretty well. The way these guys are talking, you would think there were millions out there to choose from. If it is a solid car and you like it, then go for it. Anything you need to know about how to work on it is here. If you want to change something about it, come here and ask how. If you want ideas on what to do to it, come here. Check the car out and if you like it, buy it. But dont give up on it because of a color change or different seats than stock. You wont find very many out there with factory interior that is not torn up, and very few that have not been repainted and repaired. The average price now for a fair car is upwards of 4k and if it is really nice, it will be up around 7 to 10k and thats for a 4 cylinder car. The 6's will start around 10 and go upwards of 25k. Use your best judgement and dont be scared off by guys who own cars that are less than the one you are looking at.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 11:00 PM