Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FS - 1970 914-6 Full Concours Car, Ready to Show, No Longer Available, .
mepstein
post Mar 5 2014, 08:33 PM
Post #41

914-6 GT in waiting

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(toolguy @ Mar 5 2014, 08:05 PM) *

Short story- I didn't sell the car to Zack
time for a beer. . .

Do we get to hear the long story? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stirthepot.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
toolguy
post Mar 7 2014, 01:04 PM
Post #42

Member No.: 12,889
Region Association: Southern California

long story.
Zack914 with 4 posts has been asking for a 914-6 for a while on the board. . I get an email about mine. . . we exchange info on the car.

He said his name is xxxxx and uses a email id in the same name. He says he just sold his business, has full cash available, and wants a nice 914-6 to drive . . . Red Flag No. 1. . . He takes the car at asking price and I include multiple spare original parts. We agree on a pick-up date one week out. I tell him I have a custom trailer available also and give him the price. He asks for pictures. . I send pictures of trailer with car on it. . .

. . . He calls back a few days later and now wants to beat me up on the price of the car AND the trailer. . . . We settled on the 'new' price.. . . Red Flag No.2
I pull all the spare parts and documentation and get the car ready to go. The night before pickup date, he calls and now wants a lower price/ / Red Flag No.3
I refused and hung up. .

2 hours later I get an email where he changes his last discount amount to a few hundred dollars. . mind you this is without seeing the car so that should have been another red flag warning to me. . I tell him be here by noon, with $$$ in hand or don't show up. . . . he said he can do that. He said he has the money wired to his account at the local Chase bank for us to pick up. . I say call when he's an hour away. he says OK, see you at noon. . .

Noon arrives and no show or call.. . 2 hours later there is a knock and here is a man and lady to look at the car. . introduces himself as Ryan. .no mention about not being here on time. . .

I show him the car, he looks for 4-5 minutes, asks a few questions, and he wants to hear it run. . I fire it off.. .

He then says it isn't what he wants..I ask what was the issues he saw and he declines politely to answer, just that was not what he wanted. . . OK I get that. . the lady addresses him by either Fred or Frank { either way, I'm certain that it wasn't Ryan} at one point in the conversation. . . Red Flag No.3 . . In my mind I go (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) is this about and start to have some really bad feelings about the possibilities. . They leave. . .

SO my assumptions are now either
1 He's looking for something better,
2 - He's a lookey loo who doesn't know exactly what he really wants
3 - Hes a reseller looking to score low ball deal
4- OR, and most troubling to me, this is a scam of sorts. I call a police buddy, and get a warning about internet deals for high dollar cars where this 'car inspection' is really a chance to case the place for a future theft. .

At this point, I don't know his intentions and I may be all wet, but I certainly did not have a warm fuzzy feeling with this encounter.. . . Whatever the case, screw it, I'm keeping the car for the next year and I'm certain the price of real 6's will continue to climb if I decide to sell later. . or just start driving it myself. . .

Note-- In a subsequent conversation with Zach914 on 10-10-14, he said he was disappointed in my cars condition and was expecting something better. . Lesson in life, and to be fair to zach, it's all about ones individual perception and not any ulterior motives.
+Quote Post
sbsix
post Mar 7 2014, 01:42 PM
Post #43

only the lead dog enjoys a change in scenery...

Member No.: 13,990
Region Association: Southern California

toolguy, be very vigilant around your house for the next few weeks, especially. They may have been looking around for something, your car, house break-in, etc.

Couple of years ago some guy showed up in an orange vest at my house and said he was there to check out trimming trees near the power lines for Edison. Didn't think anything about it because they do it every so often here, until my cars were rifled though in my driveway late at night a couple nights later and they tried to break into my garage. These guys went through the neighborhood that night and were stupid enough to come back the next week and get caught.

I learned that never leave your car unlocked in the driveway and don't trust anybody showing up at the house without getting their ID.
+Quote Post
zack914
post Mar 7 2014, 05:34 PM
Post #44

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 16,991
Region Association: None

All I can say, it is the best 914-6 I will probably ever see again.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
billh1963
post Mar 7 2014, 05:50 PM
Post #45

Car Hoarder!

Member No.: 12,871
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(zack914 @ Mar 7 2014, 06:34 PM) *

Then why did you walk away after agreeing on a price? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
gcrotvik
post Mar 7 2014, 06:35 PM
Post #46

Member No.: 11,134
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Mar 7 2014, 03:50 PM) *

Then why did you walk away after agreeing on a price? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Dude,

This guy wasn't EVER going to buy this car. He's a "wannabe." Karma's a bitch. He should remember that.
+Quote Post
dw914six
post Mar 7 2014, 07:10 PM
Post #47

Member No.: 16,902
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Mar 7 2014, 04:35 PM) *

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Mar 7 2014, 03:50 PM) *

Dude,

This guy wasn't EVER going to buy this car. He's a "wannabe." Karma's a bitch. He should remember that.

I'm not sure, but Could this be the guy who goes by Rosson512 over on The Club website. If the same fellow, he posted an alert about a 914/6 he went to see and it was not what he wanted. http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=383620
+Quote Post
zack914
post Mar 7 2014, 10:09 PM
Post #48

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 16,991
Region Association: None

No further comment.
+Quote Post
Black22
post Mar 7 2014, 11:16 PM
Post #49

Member No.: 8,290
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I bought the "used" emergency brake cables off this car while it was being restored. They maybe had 10 miles on them as far as I could tell. Reason they were being sold? The owner needed flawless cables to replace them for this restoration. As far as I'm concerned, I made off with NOS cables for 20 bucks!!! This is a GREAT 914-6!

Carry on!
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 01:14 PM