Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> RANT: Customer Service Complaint, everybody's favorate vw supplier
Aaron Cox
post Dec 30 2004, 02:16 PM
Post #21

Professional Lawn Dart

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 219
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE (SLITS @ Dec 30 2004, 01:11 PM)
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Dec 30 2004, 12:05 PM)
THE SAGA CONTINUES  :angry:

I recieved my plug wires and relocation kit on tiesday. Yay, i thought all was well.....
those 2 items were the only things listed on the invoice.

wednesday comes, and i get anothe rpackage from them. WTF????

called this AM, said, "hi, i recieved a package from you guys, that im not expecting". by chance is this a distributor? they say yes. I say, I cancelled it off the order and you guys mistakenly sent it to me. they say "You NEVER cancelled it!"   (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/mad.gif)  omg! you wouldnt sell me springs for the dizzy because i wont purchase a distributor from you!"  <_<  

so now, they want me to ship it back and i eat the shipping  :finger: , sorry.... time for a credit card company interaction
their problem, not mine, arguing with a customer is A1 in my book  :finger2:

gawd im pissed  :shoot2kill:

If they shipped by UPS or not, tell them to issue a "call tag" as the unit is ready and waiting to be picked up. Then call your credit card company and tell them that you were shipped a part you didn't order and you will not accept any "backcharge" for the item.

Come on A-a-ron, you had to learn something in college besides self-abuse (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif)

shipped UPS

how do i go about getting a call tag
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Rusty
post Dec 30 2004, 02:21 PM
Post #22

Wanted: Engine case GA003709

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

I find it truly amazing that the distributor they shipped you was missing the very springs you wanted to order from them! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif)

-Lawrence (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/happy11.gif)
+Quote Post
MarkG
post Dec 30 2004, 02:44 PM
Post #23

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,102

FLAP customer service rant.....

Oh how I miss the days of local, car enthusiast owned parts stores (like the one I worked at YEARS ago in Palo Alto....)

All we have here in Colorado Springs are PEP, Checker and Autozone, asking for anything beyond a Chevy water pump and its like looking into the eyes of a Deer about to hit by a Mack truck.

It takes me several trips to several of these stores just to get NGK BP6ES plugs (at least 2 of these places denied that this plug even existed...'discontinued' was 1 response from another). This most common of all plugs is 'special order' every where I go.

Today I try - with no success I might add - to buy a 3 ohm universal (or otherwise) coil resistor. (its been 15 years since I last looked at a parts catalog, but the BA part # is 178-8000 .....). It was like trying to explain string physics to Corkey from "Life Goes On".

O.K I say, I see you are a Bosch distributor......just give me a 12V Blue coil. Now I'm explaining to Rain Man thermo nuclear principles.

There is 1 independant import shop in town, but the strung out Betty Ford drop out wanted to charge me $19.95 for a Bosch 03-010 VW cap....that he would have to 'special order' from the factory.......

O.K rant over.....
+Quote Post
SLITS
post Dec 30 2004, 03:00 PM
Post #24

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,696
Region Association: None

QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Dec 30 2004, 01:16 PM)
shipped UPS

You call them and tell them you would be happy to return the item you did not order, if they issue a call tag (they pay the shipping that way). Just make it clear that you are not paying to ship back an item you cancelled an order on....It would be nice if you had the date and whom you called to cancel the order recorded.
+Quote Post
Aaron Cox
post Dec 30 2004, 03:15 PM
Post #25

Professional Lawn Dart

QUOTE (SLITS @ Dec 30 2004, 02:00 PM)
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Dec 30 2004, 01:16 PM)
shipped UPS

You call them and tell them you would be happy to return the item you did not order, if they issue a call tag (they pay the shipping that way). Just make it clear that you are not paying to ship back an item you cancelled an order on....It would be nice if you had the date and whom you called to cancel the order recorded.

thats the thing! i talked to the people i cancelled the order with! they deny i cancelled the order.
+Quote Post
ewdysar
post Dec 30 2004, 04:44 PM
Post #26

What happens here, stays here.

Member No.: 3,030

Aaron,

Check with your Credit card and see if the distributor has been charged. If so, deny the charge as order cancelled. The supplier will eventually call concerning the charge dispute. Tell them that the item is available for pickup, at their request. They'll catch on someday... in the mean time, no money out of your pocket.

Eric
+Quote Post
Aaron Cox
post Dec 30 2004, 04:56 PM
Post #27

Professional Lawn Dart

QUOTE (ewdysar @ Dec 30 2004, 03:44 PM)
Aaron,

Check with your Credit card and see if the distributor has been charged. If so, deny the charge as order cancelled. The supplier will eventually call concerning the charge dispute. Tell them that the item is available for pickup, at their request. They'll catch on someday... in the mean time, no money out of your pocket.

Eric

i took it to UPS today. RETURN TO SENDER. Credit card company will dispute the shiping charge....

meanwhile, i hope they get the fact to treat a customer better (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/flipa.gif)
+Quote Post
Jake Raby
post Dec 30 2004, 08:14 PM
Post #28

Engine Surgeon

Member No.: 1,095
Region Association: South East States

Open your own business:

You'll soon learn just what a difficult life can be, and you'll probably gain some patience with suppliers in the process.

On many occasions I have attempted to be in the parts business, and realized that at the time it was not my cup of tea.

I have learned over the years that at least 25% of the US population cannot be pleased... The odd thing is that I have never experienced any issues with selling anything to a customer overseas! Here I have to sometimes pick and choose customers and all the guys overseas are happy no matter what!

Interesting........
+Quote Post
newdeal2
post Dec 30 2004, 08:56 PM
Post #29

Unregistered

QUOTE (Jake Raby @ Dec 30 2004, 06:14 PM)
Open your own business:

You'll soon learn just what a difficult life can be, and you'll probably gain some patience with suppliers in the process.

On many occasions I have attempted to be in the parts business, and realized that at the time it was not my cup of tea.

I have learned over the years that at least 25% of the US population cannot be pleased... The odd thing is that I have never experienced any issues with selling anything to a customer overseas! Here I have to sometimes pick and choose customers and all the guys overseas are happy no matter what!

Interesting........

America...Love it or Leave it (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/laugh.gif)

Sorry Jake, I couldn't resist!

I had a service business for 12 years and did a lot of overseas business. The only real hastle was shipping.
+Quote Post
MattR
post Dec 31 2004, 06:19 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,589
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE (Jake Raby @ Dec 30 2004, 06:14 PM)
Open your own business:

Interesting........

I think what a-aron is refering to is common courtesy. My dad and I just started a business last year, and we've had a lot of dumbasses call up (no offense aaron (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wink.gif)), but you always smile and remember they are the reason you can put food on the table.
+Quote Post
Ray Warren
post Dec 31 2004, 07:04 PM
Post #31

Member No.: 1,214

QUOTE (Jake Raby @ Dec 30 2004, 09:14 PM)

I got the impression that this was going to be part of your new "venture".
Will it be?
+Quote Post
Jake Raby
post Dec 31 2004, 07:12 PM
Post #32

Engine Surgeon

Member No.: 1,095
Region Association: South East States

Well now....

If I spilled the beans the suprise would be ruined - Wouldn't it??

No one knows till I am 100% ready to make things happen, and that should be about a month!
+Quote Post
Ray Warren
post Dec 31 2004, 07:18 PM
Post #33

Member No.: 1,214

What ever it is, I hope it involves the KitCarlson.
+Quote Post
F4i
post Dec 31 2004, 07:20 PM
Post #34

914 DOG!

Member No.: 1,460

QUOTE (Lawrence @ Dec 30 2004, 01:21 PM)
I find it truly amazing that the distributor they shipped you was missing the very springs you wanted to order from them! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif)

-Lawrence (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/happy11.gif)

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/laugh.gif) Am I the only one that caught that/
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 04:02 PM