Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Motor Meister
scotty b
post Nov 14 2013, 12:28 PM
Post #1

rust free you say ?

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,419
Region Association: None

It would appear that they are in some serious trouble with the federales.....finally (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Say bye bye (IMG:style_emoticons/default/finger.gif)

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911...meister-50.html

http://www.early911sregistry.org/forums/sh...r-car-or-engine!

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/pts/4186159974.html

Reply vgkfs-4186159974@sale.craigslist.org [?] flag [?] : miscategorized prohibited spam best of Posted: 2013-11-11, 5:27PM PST
cheap porsche parts in LA County - $1 (LA COUNTY)
If you are looking for porsche parts , buyer BEWARE!!!!! MOTOR MEISTER in Downey Ca has been selling their customers cars including those in fr storage or repair and parting them out. He is about to file bankruptcy, has a potential buyer for the shop and if you have a vehicle here, he has likely lien saled it by sending notification to a purposefully incorrect address. He has over 200 stolen motors that he is lien saleing as well, he is not answering phones and is hiding vehicles in storage places in and around the Downey area. I do not own a Porsche and am not a disgruntled customer, I have worked for small businesses most of my life and seeing what I saw since Friday makes me sick to my stomach. Please retain attorneys and PRESS CRIMINAL CHARGES, this guy thinks he is above the law. I have a list of 12 vehicles that had been moved to storage in an attempt to hide them, when the storage place found out they refused to release the cars back to motor meister, these 12 lucky people will get their cars back, the rest of you can thank Lee Marks the owner, his wife who is currently driving a beautiful Mercedes Benz, his son Jerry Marks and the not very bright office manager Lisa who has handled the lien sale paperwork for all of the missing vehicles I Hope you all find them or receive legal compensation.
it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Posting ID: 4186159974 Posted: 2013-11-11, 5:27PM PST Updated: 2013-11-11, 5:33PM PST email to a friend
Avoid scams, deal locally! Do NOT wire funds (Western Union, Moneygram).
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(40 - 59)
Mark Henry
post Dec 3 2013, 09:17 PM
Post #41

that's what I do!

Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

Good to see them going down.... but what a FUBAR cluster fuch. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)
+Quote Post
Woody
post Dec 3 2013, 09:42 PM
Post #42

Sandbox Rabblerouser and head toilet scrubber

Member No.: 12,530
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Dec 3 2013, 09:17 PM) *

Good to see them going down.... but what a FUBAR cluster fuch. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
+Quote Post
carr914
post Dec 4 2013, 05:29 AM
Post #43

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 1,623
Region Association: South East States

What took so long?
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Dec 4 2013, 07:46 AM
Post #44

that's what I do!

Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

The 2.7 (spare engine core) I picked up has a red fan (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

The guides and valves are beyond worn out. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

....but it has a std/std crank....so maybe I'm OK (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
h2obroker
post Dec 5 2013, 09:30 AM
Post #45

Member No.: 16,710
Region Association: Southern California

I was able to retrieve my car and most of my engine. I met some other guys there that we're not no fortunate. I was able to meet and talk with Detective Roberts and he has really laid down the law about them handing over the parts when the owners get there. To anyone that might still have their car or engine there - Go ASAP to get it. They now have an eviction noticed posted from the building owner and the detective agreed that it's only going to get worse. I'm heading back today to get a few things they promised they would find.

On a bizarre brighter note: One guy arrived to get his car and he was so mad and frustrated. He was on his phone yelling at somebody on the other end to get a transport there ASAP to get his car. Then one of the employees of MM said "Why are you calling for a transport? This car is done". We all looked at each other quite surprised. They jump started the car and he drove off. Who knows how long the car sat there already finished, but he was by far one of the lucky ones.
+Quote Post
worn
post Dec 5 2013, 09:39 AM
Post #46

can't remember

Member No.: 13,152
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Is it still full of stuff, or are the cars end engines trickling away to leave it a bit empty?
+Quote Post
h2obroker
post Dec 5 2013, 10:58 AM
Post #47

Member No.: 16,710

One of the employees said they still have 100 cars in three lots
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Dec 5 2013, 12:33 PM
Post #48

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(h2obroker @ Dec 5 2013, 08:58 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)
+Quote Post
GeorgeRud
post Dec 5 2013, 12:42 PM
Post #49

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,482
Region Association: Upper MidWest

These guys look to be the Bernie Madoffs of Porsche repair! Glad that the law is finally catching up to them.
+Quote Post
aircooledtechguy
post Dec 5 2013, 03:35 PM
Post #50

The Aircooledtech Guy

Member No.: 9,730
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Un-be-freakin'-leavable!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

This takes the term, "stealing from Peter to pay Paul" to a whole new level. How long have these guys been getting away with this scam anyway??

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
+Quote Post
r_towle
post Dec 5 2013, 05:42 PM
Post #51

Custom Member

Member No.: 124
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 5 2013, 01:33 PM) *

QUOTE(h2obroker @ Dec 5 2013, 08:58 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

Still at over 100 cars really amazes me.
It takes 5 seconds to search on google under the motor meister name and you get nothing good for feedback, it's all bad.
Threads all over the place, yet stupid people still don't bother to do a small amount of homework before bringing a 20k car to these guys?

I feel bad for the people that got screwed, but it's not like there was not enough information and BEWARE signals all over the internet.

100 cars, or people that must not be online in any way....really a shame.

I hope everyone gets their possessions back and the rest gets sold of by the courts to put this to bed.

My big concern would be that the culprits get charged and either serve time, or are not allowed to setup shop again.

Rich
+Quote Post
scotty b
post Dec 5 2013, 06:54 PM
Post #52

rust free you say ?

Member No.: 3,419

I'm kind of surprised that with all the years they have been doing this they haven't had a customer of "questionable ethics " (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif) that would make certain to " sort things out " in the middle of the desert (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif)
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Dec 5 2013, 08:57 PM
Post #53

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179

QUOTE(scotty b @ Dec 5 2013, 04:54 PM) *
I'm kind of surprised that with all the years they have been doing this they haven't had a customer of "questionable ethics " (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif) that would make certain to " sort things out " in the middle of the desert (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif)

Maybe they were both working for the same "boss"?
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Dec 5 2013, 11:52 PM
Post #54

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Is AA next? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)
+Quote Post
DBCooper
post Dec 6 2013, 08:09 AM
Post #55

14's in the 13's with ATTITUDE

Member No.: 2,618

Ha ha ha, I was just wondering when AA's most vigorous defenders in past threads were going to jump in here to take up MM's side. AA's not quite so egregious, but seem to have learned the rules in the same playground.

+Quote Post
naro914
post Dec 6 2013, 10:11 AM
Post #56

Losing my mind...

Member No.: 6,073

unfortunately, this practice (borrow from peter to pay paul) is not uncommon in the mechanic world.... Most of these guys are good mechanics, but not good business people and have no idea how to manage cashflow, so they take the deposits that someone gives them to pay for the parts for someone elses car. Starts out innocent enough until years go by and they are SOOOOO far behind. I can think of one shop (VERY local to me) that is headed for the same fate if someone gets pissed enough to do/say something about it. We all keep asking ourselves what is taking so long???

Honestly, this is why I work with the shop I do (literally...I do business consulting work to help small businesses and help him keep his finances in order). Too many small businesses have no idea how to run the BUSINESS side of the companies.... Not saying that's what went wrong with MM, just saying it's more common than you would think... or hope...
+Quote Post
aircooledtechguy
post Dec 7 2013, 11:36 AM
Post #57

The Aircooledtech Guy

Member No.: 9,730
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

It is a very common practice and an easy trap for shop owners to un-intentionally fall into. Couple that with a nefarious owner and you get MM. I have a high-end hotrod shop across the street who works off deposits and they are constantly in this cycle. For them, the loudest car owner gets the work done.
+Quote Post
carr914
post Dec 7 2013, 11:45 AM
Post #58

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 1,623

QUOTE(naro914 @ Dec 6 2013, 11:11 AM) *

unfortunately, this practice (borrow from peter to pay paul) is not uncommon in the mechanic world.... Most of these guys are good mechanics, but not good business people and have no idea how to manage cashflow, so they take the deposits that someone gives them to pay for the parts for someone elses car. Starts out innocent enough until years go by and they are SOOOOO far behind. I can think of one shop (VERY local to me) that is headed for the same fate if someone gets pissed enough to do/say something about it. We all keep asking ourselves what is taking so long???

This happens more than you think. Since I sell Camaro Suspension systems, I'm intune to the Pro-Touring Forums and there was a Shop called Prodigy Customs that ripped people off to the tune of close to a $1Mil. At one point they had the Reputation of being the Best (unlike MM), but got into a Ponzi like deal, getting money from one client to try to finish another car.
+Quote Post
oldschool
post Dec 7 2013, 02:00 PM
Post #59

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9,705

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Hey I'm shooting aerial video behind them....I may pan over the place and get a birds eye view (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
+Quote Post
hot_shoe914
post Dec 12 2013, 09:24 PM
Post #60

on ramp passer

Member No.: 8,354

Okay, I have a very good friend that I have known for awhile that he has had a car sitting in California. I found out tonight that it is at Motor Meister. He knew they had filed bankruptcy but had no clue of the mess going on. He is going to make calls tomorrow and try to find out more. If anyone here has some information that may help him, or if somebody would be willing to assist in the recovery over his car and parts, he is willing to pay and would greatly appreciate it. He is the kind of guy that will go out of his way to help anyone so, please, if you can or are willing to help, it is much better than him trying from 2500 miles away. Feel free to message me or call me at 901-484-6977.

Thanks,
Shoe
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 12:51 AM