Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Another Weber Tuning Question, 44 IDFs mid range lean- 2276 engine.
RWBennett
post Nov 18 2013, 05:28 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,667
Region Association: Southwest Region

Hello,

I have a tuning question for all those out there that have mastered (or survived) the art of Weber 44 IDF tuning. Background: engine is 2270 Type IV based with 78.5mm stroke and 96mm bore, ported and massaged 2.0 heads with dual springs, Raby Cam (9500) setup engine to run 9.6:1 compression. I'm running the factory distributor with points replacment timed at 34 degrees at 3500rpm.

I'm currently running the following jets in my 44IDFs:
Air Correction : 2.0
Emulsion Tubes: F-11
Main Jets: 1.50
Pump Jets: 0.50
Idle Jets 0.60
Venturi 36mm

I started with 52, then 55 then finally 60 idle jets, the smaller ones were too lean and didn't have response on the mixture adjustments. With the 60's I'm able to tune about about 1 turn out. My problem is the engine just seems a little flat form about 2000rpm until about 4-4500rpm where it really wakes up. I'f I'm at 3000rpm and floor the throttle it simply doesn't pull any harder, just more noise. But like I said if builds to around 4K...you can feel the power kick in.

I know I need the 60s to get a good idle with my setup, but what's a good suggestion for the 2000-4000 range? I think it's running lean in this range as I've hear an occassional "pop" and miss when open the throttle too much in this range.

Suggestions?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 03:51 AM