Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> First time on track!
last337
post Dec 2 2013, 09:41 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,221
Region Association: None

I had the best time yesterday! There was a PCA DE event here at track and I was able to go out there for the day. I didnt register for the DE event (kinda broke at the moment) but they had an opportunity to do parade laps at lunch for only $20. I did drive my car out there for the day and even though I still have sooooo many things that could be fixed (seems like it never ends) a friend of mine convinced me to take the parade laps. It turned out they let us do almost 10 laps and there were about 10 cars out there. I was right between a 944 and a Boxster and although I would lose the 944 and the Boxster would get right on my bumper in the straight, I would catch the 944 and lose the Boxster in the tight sections.

I had so much fun in my car! My buddy that rode shotgun (he races Spec Miata and was helping me with my turns) was really impressed with how the car handled and the power it had in the top of the power band.

The only problem I had was a strong gas smell when we hit the turns really hard. I think it was just sloshing around so much and probably coming out of the vents on the top of the tank. I was wondering if this is a common problem and what I could do to possibly negate this in the future. There is a Spec Miata race at another track this weekend coming up and I would love to do some more laps between races!

Anyways, thanks to all for all your help getting this car to where it is! I had a blast!!!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 12:43 PM