Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WTB: 914 2.0 Heat Exchanger Parts - Air Inlets., Need Drivers side components to restore my 1975 914
RWBennett
post Dec 5 2013, 02:19 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,667
Region Association: Southwest Region

Hello all fellow 914 fans, I'm in need of some components to fix up the heat system of my beloved 1975 2.0. I need the driver's side air inlet parts....the front duct work that get's air from the fan housing and the "S" pipe that gets air from the blower, also need the top "clamp" bracket. All parts shown in the photo are for the passenger side. I just need the drivers. However if you have a set that you need to sell I will consider buying both sides as long price is reasonable.

Also please note for the ducts, I'll need both the top/bottom sections.

I see here and on EBAY, lots of 2.0 heat exchanges (late model) but all of them seem to have these pieces missing? What gives are they fall off and laying on the side of the road somewhere?

I know that most people convert these cars to earlier style exhaust systems to utilize stainless heat exchangers. However I have a brand spanking new Bursch exhaust system that I would really like to use rather than re-investing in another muffler system at this point.

If you have these or know someone who does, please let me know as I'd like to keep driving my car through the cold months.

Thanks everyone.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SpecialInt
post Dec 5 2013, 04:20 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 16,722
Region Association: None

QUOTE(RWBennett @ Dec 5 2013, 12:19 PM) *

Hello all fellow 914 fans, I'm in need of some components to fix up the heat system of my beloved 1975 2.0. I need the driver's side air inlet parts....the front duct work that get's air from the fan housing and the "S" pipe that gets air from the blower, also need the top "clamp" bracket. All parts shown in the photo are for the passenger side. I just need the drivers. However if you have a set that you need to sell I will consider buying both sides as long price is reasonable.

Also please note for the ducts, I'll need both the top/bottom sections.

I see here and on EBAY, lots of 2.0 heat exchanges (late model) but all of them seem to have these pieces missing? What gives are they fall off and laying on the side of the road somewhere?

I know that most people convert these cars to earlier style exhaust systems to utilize stainless heat exchangers. However I have a brand spanking new Bursch exhaust system that I would really like to use rather than re-investing in another muffler system at this point.

If you have these or know someone who does, please let me know as I'd like to keep driving my car through the cold months.

Thanks everyone.

Hi, I have the parts your looking for.

I have some that are in the condition yours look to be in which are free plus shipping and some that are really clean which I'll need to figure out what they are worth before pricing.

I will get them together and email you pictures.

I just need an email address.

I'm in md
+Quote Post
RWBennett
post Dec 6 2013, 02:42 PM
Post #3

Sent you pm with my email. Please send me pics
+Quote Post
RWBennett
post Dec 17 2013, 10:17 AM
Post #4

Still in need of these parts, wanted to make my 914 a daily driver, but cold weather has it hiding in the garage.
+Quote Post
RWBennett
post Dec 24 2013, 02:35 PM
Post #5

Where in the world do all these parts end up???? With all of the conversions to headers and previous generation Stainless exchangers one would think there was a huge pile of this stuff out there somewhere. Do these parts fall of cars going down the road and end up missing?

Puzzling. Might just have to say to hell with it and make the change to headers and full on performance exhaust.
+Quote Post
7TPorsh
post Dec 24 2013, 04:03 PM
Post #6

7T Porsh

Member No.: 5,782
Region Association: Southern California

I'm sure Bruce has them, look up bdstone. PM him.
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Dec 25 2013, 03:34 PM
Post #7

bdstone914

Member No.: 1,319

QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Dec 24 2013, 04:03 PM) *

I'm sure Bruce has them, look up bdstone. PM him.

I actually to not have every 914 part. I have some but not all of the parts he needs.

I think most of those parts have been thrown away as the late heat exchangers are usually shot.

You may want to consider back dating to the earlier heat exchangers. They flow better and you can keep the heat.

There are a couple of SS sets for sale now. I too have a set and probably all the conversion parts.

Bruce
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:50 AM