Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT - unbelieveable
Bulldog9
post Dec 7 2013, 07:45 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,283
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

OK, so my wife is pretty understanding of my car/motorcycle obsession. Mostly because I find stuff really cheap, pay cash, make them nice and keep the good stuff forever. But still, she is very patient and supportive, and this is over the top.

Last night we are over a buddy's house and he has a BEAUTIFUL 97 M3 Coupe, with all the right mods. Less than 100K, chipped, halo headlights, ordered it new, blaa blaa all the good stuff, Black paint, Saddle brown leather, etc. He mentioned to me last year he wanted to sell it, but 1. I have a huge project in rebuilding my Porsche, 2. Wasnt a $50 garage find I could rationalize. So I just vaugly mourned the loss knowing this was the last of the simple BMW's and maybe one of the best M3's from a purist perspective. I'm not a BMW guy, but this was a special car....

Last night, I ask in front of my wife if he ever sold it. He says NO I want it to go to the right person. My wife says 'what are you selling' He tells her. Now she has always loved BMW's drove 3 series wagons for 15+ years and when she totalled her 323i backabout 5 years ago, she went to a Subaru Outback 3.0R. A great experience and 100K trouble free miles.

Anyhow, she wants to see it. She asks what he get for fuel mileage. He tells her, she says hmmm. Goes in the house. We chat for a bit, pop the hood, guy stuff.... We walk in the house, she asks me what I think. I tell her its a 97, nice car but may not be the best for a daily driver for her, downplay it (inside drooling and screaming). She says, "I want it" go sell my car at carmax......... After a year or so I will probably want another newer BMW and you can have it...... Of course I still think this isnt the best for a dialy driver, but NOT passing this up.... I will likely sell the 442 in the Spring and just buy it from her......

I'm going to have to remember this strategy. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) So, this is what just got added to my paddock. The only question is how quickly I can convince her to get something newer and more reliable ;-)Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 12:40 PM