Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Heater fan operation, troubleshooting
malcolm2
post Dec 14 2013, 08:34 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,139
Region Association: South East States

The only thing installed on my car that is associated with HEAT would be the exchangers. Nothing else. I need to get the heat working so I started with the Heater fan in the engine bay.

SO FAR:
successfully bench tested the fan with 12v.
Put a known good headlight relay in the fan relay socket
Successfully checked continuity of the wire from the lever to the 14-pin connector (GRN/wht). Connector attatched, and unattached
Successfully checked continuity from the relay (87) to the fan (green wire), car was not running.

Strange thing I noticed. Checking continuity from the lever to Pin #9 was good. I then checked continuity between the lever and pin 13, 11, 7, 5, 3, 2 & 1. With the 14-pin connector connected they all showed continuity to ground. THIS CAN"T BE RIGHT, can it? The car runs fine, all the lights work. Seems like a ground short, but it is not affecting anything else.

My goal here was to (as designed) get 12v to the green wire on the fan, but I can't. I have read several posts that gave me some direction. But I am lost.

Thanks,

Clark

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 01:44 PM