Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> leaky hoosier safe?, ehhh?
post May 26 2003, 11:51 PM
Post #1

Group:
Member No.: 0

I have 1 leaky hoosier, is it still safe to run on? If I put in 35lbs today, tomorow, it will be about 30. about 5-7lbs a day.

I'm scared! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
GWN7
post May 27 2003, 01:31 AM
Post #2

King of Road Trips

Group: Members
Member No.: 56
Region Association: Northstar Region

Leaky valve stem? or bead seal? Check for leak with dish soap & water. Silicone on the inside of the bead seal. R&R valve stem. You could try one of those fix-a-flat in a cans, if it's weeping thru the tire. Should stop it leaking.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
post May 27 2003, 03:06 AM
Post #3

Group:
Member No.: 0

i know it's not the valve stem, I had that replaced. I just wonder if an R compound tire is "repairable" or not be advised to do such a thing
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
ChrisFoley
post May 27 2003, 05:54 AM
Post #4

I am Tangerine Racing

Group: Members
Member No.: 209
Region Association: None

Race tires should not be repaired. Find the location of the leak by spraying slightly soapy water on the tire, especially around the rim, where they usually leak. If that's where it is you can have the tire remounted to try and seal it better.
I race on Hoosier slicks, which have a bad reputation for leaking at the bead. Their DOT tires are not usually so bad. I have had tires which lost half (or more) of their air overnight. It can be tough to set correct pressures before a race under those circumstances.
By carefully removing excess mold flash from the tire bead before remounting, it is possible to improve the seal significantly.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:48 PM