Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How noisey is "normal", 2 liter lifters
Brett W
post Dec 31 2004, 09:28 AM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,169
Region Association: None

I agree my rocker spacers were pretty bad. I could rattle the rockers side to side on a couple of them. Mine came from FAT. I made a set that should have been right if I hadn't used two exhaust rockers to make my measurements. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/headbang.gif) I will make a nother set when I need them for the race motor. Maybe I'll make them out of Titanium just for the hell of it.

I would suggest going back and adjusting the valves a little tighter. While you are in there grab each rocker arm and see what amount of side clearence it has. If it is more than very little you need to add a shim or two. That should make things nice and snug.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
DJsRepS
post Dec 31 2004, 10:05 AM
Post #22

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,060

Ive heard spring loaded shims now Jakes hydrolic and just plain shim washers. Are kits availble??
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
newdeal2
post Dec 31 2004, 12:30 PM
Post #23

Unregistered

Bill Oursler is a friend/client [I build Porsche models for him]. I took him for a spin and he said "drives and sounds like a 914". He didn't think it sounded noisey.

My guess is at the moment I'm a little too "in tune" with the engine and I hear every little sound.

BTW Jake...I pitching your best seller to him. He lives in the Carolinas and is interested.
+Quote Post
newdeal2
post Dec 31 2004, 12:32 PM
Post #24

Unregistered

QUOTE (Brett W @ Dec 31 2004, 07:28 AM)
I agree my rocker spacers were pretty bad. I could rattle the rockers side to side on a couple of them. Mine came from FAT. I made a set that should have been right if I hadn't used two exhaust rockers to make my measurements. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/headbang.gif) I will make a nother set when I need them for the race motor. Maybe I'll make them out of Titanium just for the hell of it.

I would suggest going back and adjusting the valves a little tighter. While you are in there grab each rocker arm and see what amount of side clearence it has. If it is more than very little you need to add a shim or two. That should make things nice and snug.

Mine are pretty stable...no rack that I could detect during assembly.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 12:45 PM