Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Carburator selection??, I am having a hard time deciding!
jporsche914
post Dec 30 2004, 08:47 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,769

I want to replace my old fuel injection with some carbs. I just dont know if i want the 40mm idf webers or the smaller 34mm ict weber carbs and i was wondering if you guys could help me decide what would work best. I have a completely stock 1972 1.7L motor. I live in colorado so the extra air would help i just dont know how well the 40mm will work well on a stock motor. I have read that i should have no problem with running the bigger carbs but on other websites the 34mm where recommended over the 40mm. I deffinentally want more horespower and i dont plan of keeping the motor stock forever and i plan on doing 2.0L exhaust and ignition before i put the carbs on. What do you guys think i should get??
Thanks alot,
James
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
jporsche914   Carburator selection??   Dec 30 2004, 08:47 PM
vsg914   I know nothing about carbs, but send your FI to me...   Dec 30 2004, 09:39 PM
lapuwali   If you really must go with carbs, the 40 IDFs will...   Dec 30 2004, 09:42 PM
SirAndy  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 05:29 AM