Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT: Math Question ...
SirAndy
post Dec 30 2004, 11:21 PM
Post #1

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

stupid question (what else is new) ...

while working on my 3D-Editor/Game Engine i came to realize that the default Rotation Matrix for OpenGL uses a counterclockwise winding for Rotations around the Y-Axis (Yaw), meaning if you look at a Object in the XZ Plane a Positive Angle will Rotate the Object Left, a Negative Angle will Rotate it Right.

This is Counter-Intuitive and i am wondering if there is a rule for this behavior in a Cartesian coordinate system or is this merely a "personal preference" for OpenGL ???

My editor currently uses the clockwise approach, where a positive angle rotates the object to the right instead, which seem much more intuitive.

searching the web, i have found both approaches, but i would like to know if there's a "corret" way to do it ...

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/type.gif) Andy
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 02:30 PM