Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Roll Over, has anyone rolled their teener?
Curvie Roadlover
post May 27 2003, 05:54 PM
Post #21

Two trunks are better than one!

Group: Members
Member No.: 42

Seriously, though, the Hummer was rated #1 for customer DISsatisfaction by J D Powers. And guess what the #1 complaint was from new owners? Get this--- POOR GAS MILEAGE!!! what the fuck did they expect? About the only transportation with worse mileage is a cruise ship for chrissake!!! And also interesting, #2 for customer dissatisfaction - Mini Cooper. Too many little glitches. Car went to market before it was really sorted out.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Aaron Cox
post May 27 2003, 09:35 PM
Post #22

Professional Lawn Dart

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 219
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Curvie Roadlover @ May 27 2003, 03:21 PM)
QUOTE(Mueller @ May 27 2003, 03:10 PM)

If one is that worried about saftey, maybe a 914 is not the correct car to have for the street (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Do you think Tony C could do a cage in a Hummer? I'd feel safe in one of those if it had a good cage.

well.....my dad does work for the army, and they were doing humvee testung stuff.... so occasionally he brought home the humvee (milspec)...i drove it. will out turn a 914 (radius wise) extremely loud, feels like your riding on 800,000 pound springs...etc. totallty purpose built. in the "war on terror", some marines rolled one and got MESSED UP. no seatbelts etc...

and mike z, the H-2 is just a "super duper suburban....." starbucks anyone? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)
+Quote Post
Aaron Cox
post May 27 2003, 09:39 PM
Post #23

Professional Lawn Dart

QUOTE(Curvie Roadlover @ May 27 2003, 03:54 PM)
Seriously, though, the Hummer was rated #1 for customer DISsatisfaction by J D Powers. And guess what the #1 complaint was from new owners? Get this--- POOR GAS MILEAGE!!! what the fuck did they expect? About the only transportation with worse mileage is a cruise ship for chrissake!!!

it shouldnt have been released to the public...."its too ruff, gas mileage sucks, there is no cupholder...." the complaining continues....

for a street car, it is just a status symbol! duh, does the thing look comfortable? NO!!!! will it go farther and higher and outperform your stock jeep wrangler? YES!!!!! the people who buy them are just a bunch of rich snobs.....

but the milspec one on the other hand......that is pita for city driving, park it for an hour and you got flatspots on your wheels!
+Quote Post
Hawktel
post May 27 2003, 09:43 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 506

Not a Fan of the H2, but large as I am, it might be a viable vehicle someday for me.

Milspec Hummers, or even Hummer 1's, Not to shabby machines. Less room inside that I expected. Honestly, if you wanted a hummer I'd buy this guys bummer....

http://www.kitcars.com/Classifieds/AdDetai...ssified_id=2110

Strangly enough, I kinda like that ride. Its missing something though.. a pintle mounted machinegun for roadrage I think...
+Quote Post
Aaron Cox
post May 27 2003, 09:48 PM
Post #25

Professional Lawn Dart

anyone seen the wombat? aka the HUMBUG, kit car w/ a VW type 1 engine and a tube frame! good stuff.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Aaron Cox
post May 27 2003, 09:50 PM
Post #26

Professional Lawn Dart

WOMBAT.....must see

interesting, would be fun w/ 4x4 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Aaron Cox
post May 27 2003, 09:52 PM
Post #27

Professional Lawn Dart

if you dont see for yourself...its FUGLEE!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon8.gif)
+Quote Post
Mr.C
post May 28 2003, 08:36 AM
Post #28

Easy does it

Member No.: 61
Region Association: None

My buddy is a Sgt. in the Army and he said the Hummer is pretty tough. One was getting moved by a chopper and he estimates was about 25ft. up and the cable snapped. All that happened was the windows shattered, got in and drove it off.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
Lawrence
post May 28 2003, 12:21 PM
Post #29

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 244
Region Association: None

well.....my dad does work for the army, and they were doing humvee testung stuff.... so occasionally he brought home the humvee (milspec)...i drove it. will out turn a 914 (radius wise) extremely loud, feels like your riding on 800,000 pound springs...etc. totallty purpose built. in the "war on terror", some marines rolled one and got MESSED UP. no seatbelts etc...

All M998s came issued with seatbelts (lap type) for driver and any passenger seats. They have since been retrofitted with a inertia reel shoulder harness type belt. Open troop carriers (solders in the back) do not have belts - but neither have any of the predecessor vehicles: 900 series cargos, 2 1/2 ton trucks or the FMTV series.

It's pretty damned hard to roll a military HMMWV. Sounds like the alleged accident (combined with lack of seatbelt use) was caused by some signficant negligence.

-Rusty
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 09:46 AM