Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FS: Rebuilt Weber 44 IDF 38 Carbs kit complete - $700, Carbs, bell-crank linkage, intakes and gaskets included
ThePaintedMan
post Jan 5 2014, 07:04 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,527
Region Association: South East States

Up for grabs are two genuine Italian Weber 44 IDFs, not the headache-prone aftermarket copies. I just rebuilt both of these from a full tear-down, clean and soak. I replaced all of the idle mixture screws and hardware with new versions. The carbs have modern, sealed throttle shaft bearings and I inspected the shafts bores for signs of wear - they are perfect with no lateral slop. Both throttles open and close fully and easily. I replaced any and all missing pieces from the carbs (there were several). The floats have been set to factory specs and are shipped in such a way that you should not have to mess with them. Included is the bell-crank setup that came off the car with the mounting arm for a Type IV. Also included are new carb-to-intake gaskets. The intakes that came with the carbs were a little bit boogered up, so I sourced another pair from Bruce Stone. I have test fitted this setup and believe it to be good to go. You will need to supply the following items for your own use though: throttle return spring, intake to head phenolic gaskets (dependent on head type) and accelerator cable bracket. If you don't have access to a welder, I can fab a bracket for you once you have everything installed on the engine in the way you intend to run it for a small additional cost.

The carb specs are as follows:
Main jets - 135
Emulsion tubes - F11
Air correction jets - 200
Idle jets - 50
Accel pump jets - 55
Primary venturis/chokes - 36s

This setup was installed on the motor I'm running currently, which I believe to be a 1.8, though we know little about it's history and true configuration. I chose to stick with my Weber 40s as I felt that these were a little big for the motor, assuming it's really a 1.8.

These carbs would probably be better suited for a 2.0 or larger, but can be made to work with a smaller engine with some adjustments. Please consult me for proper jetting and venturi selection for your application. I'll be happy to make the changes for you if you purchase the parts for your application.

If you would like to see more about my rebuild work, see my link in my signature. Buyer pays shipping and Paypal fees. As always, if you have a set of carbs you'd like rebuilt, feel free to PM me.

AFTER:
Attached Image
Attached Image

BEFORE:
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ThePaintedMan
post Jan 7 2014, 01:12 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Reduced price bump.
+Quote Post
ThePaintedMan
post Jan 8 2014, 09:20 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

One more price drop, just for the 914World crowd. I'll also consider separating the whole setup. Just need to move them out.

If not, they'll be up on Ebay this weekend. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
ThePaintedMan
post Jan 12 2014, 07:48 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif)

These are now on Ebay, starting at $200 for just the carbs.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281244449239

The linkage kit is in a separate ad here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281244455781

Happy Bidding!
+Quote Post
ThePaintedMan
post Jan 18 2014, 11:00 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) just to let you guys know the bidding ends tomorrow night... approximately 7:30 P.M. EST.
+Quote Post
'70PVW914
post Jan 19 2014, 11:01 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 16,594
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Not a big deal....but thought you should know your carbs are not Italian Webers, but Spanish....hence the "Bologna" stamp on the side....surprised nobody picked up on this! Still a great deal!
+Quote Post
tweet
post Jan 19 2014, 01:05 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 15,579

Bump for a nice pair of complete carbs, well priced. Bidding is only up to $255.99
+Quote Post
ThePaintedMan
post Jan 20 2014, 12:16 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

QUOTE('70PVW914 @ Jan 19 2014, 12:01 PM) *

Not a big deal....but thought you should know your carbs are not Italian Webers, but Spanish....hence the "Bologna" stamp on the side....surprised nobody picked up on this! Still a great deal!

I disagree (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) The Weber plant was in Bologna, Italy. Not Bologna, Spain. The Spanish versions were made in Madrid.

Dan, thanks for the bump! Didn't get what I thought these should go for, but I needed them gone to make room for another 3 sets that I'll be selling over the next month. I'll keep you all posted.
+Quote Post
'70PVW914
post Jan 21 2014, 12:35 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 16,594
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Touche Painted Man! Thats what happens when I assume...I make an as out of.......well mostly me.. haha. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Enjoyed reading up on your build!
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Jan 23 2014, 09:40 AM
Post #10

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

jets?
+Quote Post
tweet
post Jan 23 2014, 09:43 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 15,579

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jan 23 2014, 10:40 AM) *

jets?

The bidding on Ebay closed; SOLD. But I know that George has more carbs he is rebuilding. He could probably rebuild them to your specs. You should contact him.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 06:46 AM