Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> jumper wire trick for powering the fuel pump. no run, failure. 74', was Ljet. now carbs
rhodyguy
post Jan 19 2014, 11:19 AM
Post #21

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Group: Members
Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

i'm heading out to the garage and see what happens. not using the ljet coil pack is going to leave a huge bundle loose loose wires unless i can just turn the power off. i'll report back either way. thanks all!

k
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
sixnotfour
post Jan 19 2014, 11:40 AM
Post #22

914 Wizard

Member No.: 2,744
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

5. if i were to swap out the Ljet ignition harness for one off of a Djet system would that cure the problem?

simpler and cleaner
+Quote Post
Tom
post Jan 19 2014, 12:55 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,626
Region Association: None

Kevin,
Had another look at the wires to the coil in your first pics. Something looks wrong.
Terminal #1(-) should have a green wire to dist and a black/purple to tach. Terminal 15 (+) should have a black/ red and nothing else. I suppose the L-Jet wiring is somewhat different. If you are going basic ignition with carbs, see my earlier post. If you don't have a 12 pin D-Jet ignition harness, I could come over tomorrow and solder new wires on the 12 pin ignition harness for you if you have some correct wire, and help out as needed electrically. Would come today, but I must watch the Hawks.
Tom
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Jan 19 2014, 01:37 PM
Post #24

with the boxes and boxes of stuff i have, guess what i don't? made a few local calls. one will turn up. but not today due to the BIG game.

i thought the red wire was wrong. traced the harness back and found a spot where the casing was cut and opened it up a bit. all of the correct color coded wires are in there. someone has been into the harness and used what ever wire was handy to fix it. the splice must be up further in the casing

this is too important of a matter to go uncorrected. i'll remove the harness after i have the replacement in hand. thanks everybody!
+Quote Post
timothy_nd28
post Jan 19 2014, 09:24 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,154
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Sorry Kevin, I ended up leaving to help a family member with some electrical issues. Where are we at with this? Did you decide on having the relay board supply power to the fuel pump or the dual relay?
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Jan 23 2014, 02:42 PM
Post #26

sourced a 75' ignition harness and the pump runs great with andy's relay board ground wire fix.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 08:35 AM