Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Years Resolution- weight loss, Atkins, South Beach, 914 ?
URY914
post Jan 4 2005, 11:44 AM
Post #21

I built the lightest 914 in the history of mankind.
****************************************************************************************************

Group: Members
Member No.: 222
Region Association: None

PM me, I'm at work. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ottox914
post Jan 4 2005, 03:15 PM
Post #22

The glory that once was.

Member No.: 1,438
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Boxstr- thanks for the great info from the camp. I went to the GT-racing site, and found approx weights for FG lids, 12 front, 11 rear, which would make for a good savings from steel.

Anyone with weights on the bumpers, to ditch the steel and go with the glass?

There were a couple ?'s about class rules. While the car is in DSP, it needs all steel body, so no glass lids or bumpers, but can update/back date, so early doors would be o.k., as would interior.

Speaking of early and late 914's, in the current Panorama, they have a 914 special that lists the early cars weight at: 1984 for the 4 cyl, 2075 for the 6 cyl, 2140 for the 73/74's, and 2205 for the 75/76's. Anyone know specifically what the differences are and how much LBS they add?

The 3 I'm aware of for the "early" to 73/73 would be the additional bracing in the front trunk/spair tire area, adjustable passinger seat, and doors, the steel beam and different regulator hardware. Does all that add up to 156lbs?

Back to class rules again, when the turbo goes on, and I return to SM2, front hood could be glass, not sure on the bumpers, as they can be "modded for tire clearance", but no mention is made about replacement. The car needs all "roadgoing equipment as from the factory", such as lights, wipers, interior, heater... Although headers are allowed and removal of the heater for the header install is o.k. Minimum weight for forced induction is 2100 anyway, and I should be able to easily hit that this spring just with the suggestions already presented.

Rambling on, anyone with an idea of how much undercoating/tar sound insulation adds to our cars? I expect it would varry car to car, but, anyone chip it out and weigh the bits?

Thanks for the ideas and help, and keep'em coming!!
+Quote Post
nebreitling
post Jan 4 2005, 03:52 PM
Post #23

Member Emeritus

Member No.: 478

QUOTE (ottox914 @ Jan 4 2005, 01:15 PM)
Rambling on, anyone with an idea of how much undercoating/tar sound insulation adds to our cars? I expect it would varry car to car, but, anyone chip it out and weigh the bits?

i've heard from people far more knowledgeable that I that removing undercoating and interior tar can save 40 lbs or so.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 08:27 AM