Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Subaru swap stories?, where's fiid?
Mueller
post Jan 12 2005, 04:05 PM
Post #61

914 Freak!

Group: Members
Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

QUOTE (Dman @ Jan 12 2005, 02:57 PM)
These guys are down south, looks like they have all of them.

http://www.nippon-motors.com/subaru.htm

Does anyone have any expirience with a vendor like this?

I'm pretty sure that is the place Jon Watts and I picked up his twin-turbo subaru engine from......no issues, they had a pretty good selection of engines
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dman
post Jan 12 2005, 04:10 PM
Post #62

Member No.: 311

Thanks, I think this I think this is the direction I am leaning today. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wacko.gif)
+Quote Post
RS22b
post Jan 12 2005, 04:16 PM
Post #63

Type Broken!

Member No.: 3,425

QUOTE (Dman @ Jan 12 2005, 04:42 PM)
I have been looking into swaps for a long time, Billy do you think this motor would be a good choice?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...bayphotohosting

hey Duane,

Personally a motor like that i wouldnt even think of putting in my Subie, let alone a 914.

Prob is it is a jdm motor. You do not want to go with anything jdm for this type of application unless you know what you are working with and know where or how to tune these motors.

My motor in my subie is from a usdm wrx, but i have a TEC3 controlling it that i tune myself. Most ppl will just put a wrx motor and splice the 2 harnesses together.

If you do go jdm or for that matter any motor, make sure you are getting a complete motor, with motor harness and ecu if possible. Most of the time the jdm stuff comes with no ecu and no intercooler if it is turbo. Sometimes even the turbos are missing. They will often just cut the wiring harness which then leaves you with nothing to work with.

if you are looking for some motors, check out www.nasioc.com that is the worlds largest subaru group. So many ppl are doin swaps right now. N/A to turbo and even the turbo guys are swappin out those motors to goto the jdm TypeRA motors.

There are plenty out there. Just gotta find the right one.

-good luck
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 01:42 AM