Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> RJ /6 engine mount - help me out!
ChrisFoley
post Jan 10 2005, 08:20 AM
Post #21

I am Tangerine Racing

Group: Members
Member No.: 209
Region Association: None

It seems pretty stupid to go through the trouble of installing such big bolts if their only purpose is to hold the mount in place for welding.
As usual I intentionally didn't follow the directions provided on either of the installs I have done.
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post Jan 10 2005, 10:03 AM
Post #22

Retired admin, banned a few times

Group: Members
Member No.: 5
Region Association: None

QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Jan 6 2005, 07:11 PM)
Aren't all the bolts and sleeves just for installs where the owner bolts it in and drives the car to a a shop to be welded? If you are doing an install like Jeroen, with engine out and welder in-hand do you even need the to bolt it up?

No. That's not what my instructions say. The sleeves are for the double walled firewall (as mikez mentioned). They say nothing about taking the bolts out. You bolt it in and you weld it.

Jeroen, if you want I can find my instructions and scan them for you.

It's my opinion that welds can crack....most of the conversion cars rarely see the track and more than likely the engine won't be out on a regular basis....the bolts are more of a safety measure if ya ask me....
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 03:04 PM