Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Chased down an real ol timer Teener, +65 A women and car From Germany
DJsRepS
post Jan 4 2005, 06:51 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,060

And have Pic's my car in back ground. I was crusing on LongBoat Key In Floirda. Just finished a simple parts return call so I took the 914 to save gas. Its a beautiful drive by the gulf and nice sunset going on and I thought it must be nice to be the only old 914 taking in the sun this way and just as this thought passed my head so did another 914 from the oppsite dir and it looked fine. I did a Uwee and followed her to a shopping center. I parked behind her and talked. She is an Rich older lady who lives in Germany and has a Summer home on LongBoat Key. She can drive any Boxter or nice car she wants but loves her antique 914. She bought the car new in Germany and had it shipped to LongBoat 15yrs ago and drives it every summer. It has A/C and she likes the stick shift. Camera used an Olympus Digital voice recorder with a cheap camera but it was all I had with me.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
DJsRepS
post Jan 4 2005, 06:51 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 3,060

next Pic

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
skline
post Jan 4 2005, 09:57 AM
Post #3

Born to Drive

Member No.: 17
Region Association: Southern California

If she bought the car new in Germany, how come it doesnt have the front euro lights and it has side marker lights? I thought they didnt have side markers in Germany. I can see the front lights being changed for US spec, but adding the side markers seems a bit extreme to pass US inspection.
+Quote Post
URY914
post Jan 4 2005, 10:12 AM
Post #4

I built the lightest 914 in the history of mankind.
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 222
Region Association: None

A front plate is not required in Florida. Strange that it has one.

Long Boat Key is SWEET!!!
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Gustl
post Jan 4 2005, 11:38 AM
Post #5

914 enthusiast & historian

Member No.: 2,212
Region Association: Austria

QUOTE (skline @ Jan 4 2005, 04:57 PM)
If she bought the car new in Germany, how come it doesnt have the front euro lights and it has side marker lights? I thought they didnt have side markers in Germany. I can see the front lights being changed for US spec, but adding the side markers seems a bit extreme to pass US inspection.

I'm afraid it was necessary, otherwise I don't think that the owner from this 916 (9142330013) would have done the same.
The car had at least 2 owners in Germany, before it came to the US.
Now it's back in Germany (including it's owner, who lived in the States for a while).

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Reiche
post Jan 4 2005, 01:03 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 2,934

QUOTE (skline @ Jan 4 2005, 07:57 AM)

I worked on quite a few gray market cars back in the day. Not only did they have to comply with all DOT lighting regs (all side markers,) they also had to have side impact bars put into the doors. I think they needed DOT bumpers too, but most places that did conversions just put them on for the inspection then put the euro ones back on afterwards.
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Jan 4 2005, 01:19 PM
Post #7

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE (skline @ Jan 4 2005, 07:57 AM)

because you have to "federalize" (sp?) it so it becomes street-legal in the US ...

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/cool.gif) Andy
+Quote Post
ein 6er
post Jan 4 2005, 07:00 PM
Post #8

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 300
Region Association: None

QUOTE (DJsRepS @ Jan 4 2005, 04:51 AM)
She is an Rich older lady who lives in Germany and has a Summer home on LongBoat Key.

how old is old?!? (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif) maybe she has some daughters!! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/happy11.gif)

great find BTW!!

if she knew she was shipping it to the u.s.., she could have ordered it with the u.s. equipment, (u.s. ausstattung). that is what the original owner of mine did.
+Quote Post
Gustl
post Jan 5 2005, 12:02 AM
Post #9

914 enthusiast & historian

Member No.: 2,212
Region Association: Austria

QUOTE (ein 6er @ Jan 5 2005, 02:00 AM)

if she knew she was shipping it to the u.s.., she could have ordered it with the u.s. equipment, (u.s. ausstattung). that is what the original owner of mine did.

not very likely when you read this:
She bought the car new in Germany and had it shipped to LongBoat 15yrs ago and drives it every summer.

that would have caused problems with german law, for about 15 years (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wink.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 04:53 AM