Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> UPS bends me over again...., Their insurance is a scam
Joe Bob
post Jan 5 2005, 09:54 AM
Post #1

Retired admin, banned a few times

Group: Members
Member No.: 5
Region Association: None

The ongoing saga of shipping via UPS.....I inadvertantly undervalued my trans when shipping it to Houston.....it arrived in pieces. It was so screwed up that I had to buy a core from Red Beard.

I have faxed, called, faxed, faxed, called, faxed again and dealt with UPS, Crawford (the insurance company) and have been told on three seperate times the "check is in the mail".

Just got a call saying they need MORE documentation on the new replacement parts......GEEEEEZYZ.......six weeks I have been dicking with these morons for a lousy 370 bucks.

Screw it....FedEx gets my business from now on. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/flipa.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Rusty
post Jan 5 2005, 10:00 AM
Post #2

Wanted: Engine case GA003709

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

Yep. No arguments from me, Mike.
+Quote Post
type11969
post Jan 5 2005, 10:57 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,410
Region Association: North East States

fed ex screwed me over too, took me well over a month and lots of aggrevation to get back my money after they completely lost my package. Too bad for them that I was unemployed and had all the time in the world to hassle them.

I really think these shipping companies bank on the fact that you will just give up because the time you spend faxing, complaining, etc isn't usually worth the lost/damaged package value.
+Quote Post
Kerrys914
post Jan 5 2005, 12:02 PM
Post #4

Dear, the parts I just sold paid for that part ;)

Member No.: 16

Has anyone tried DHL or DH? yet? I wonder if they would be any better since they are so new.

Sorry to hear about UPS.. I have two things goming in the mail ( 3weeks now) by UPS. I hope they show up in one piece.

Best of luck (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Kerrys914
post Jan 5 2005, 12:05 PM
Post #5

Also, You should have seen the fender/flares I picked up for Jason yesterday (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif) He wraped the fiberglass fender/flares (6'x3') in brown paper with some ductape on the seams (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif) (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif)

They never would have made it there in 1,2,3 or 10 pieces...
+Quote Post
skline
post Jan 5 2005, 12:07 PM
Post #6

Born to Drive

Member No.: 17
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE (Kerrys914 @ Jan 5 2005, 10:02 AM)
Has anyone tried DHL or DH? yet? I wonder if they would be any better since they are so new.

Sorry to hear about UPS.. I have two things goming in the mail ( 3weeks now) by UPS. I hope they show up in one piece.

Best of luck (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/beerchug.gif)

DHL just bought out Airborne, I just had something shipped with them and it took way longer than it should have and they just dump it on your porch, no knock on the door or anything. That is how they always have been. If it was something valuable, I would not want them shipping it for me. Case in point, I bought a new HP 24 port Gigabit switch 2 weeks ago and had them ship it with DHL. Normally it would take a week max to get here. It took 8 days plus a weekend. So that is 8 working days. Their tracking leaves much to be desired also. I checked it the first day and it showed it being picked up by DHL at senders location. A week later, it showed it still in the same location. The day it was delivered, it said it was in Aurora Colorado. What a joke.
+Quote Post
Kerrys914
post Jan 5 2005, 12:29 PM
Post #7

Thanks.. My place of work has just started to use them and I was thinking about it..Sounds like I will pass (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wink.gif)

UPS delivers to my house around 8:00PM and doesn't knock (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/headbang.gif)

I was heading out to work one day and their was a box that said REFRIGERATE... It was a freak'n xmass ham from a client..Sat out there all night. Good thing it was cold as a witches .... out.
+Quote Post
Elliot_Cannon
post Jan 5 2005, 01:27 PM
Post #8

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 480

I've been a UPS employee for 17 years now (pilot) and I can tell you they are all about the same. They are all more concerned with corporate clients and don't seem to give a shit about individuals. Mike, if you shipped 100 transmissions a month maybe you would get better service. Maybe. Send some emails and write some letters. UPS is supposed to be very concerned about their image. Pitch a bitch and see what happens. Good luck.
Cheers, Elliot
P. S. UPS used to give all employees a frozen turkey for Christmas. They even delivered it. The driver would leave it on the porch or in many cases off to the side so no one would see it. Guess what happened to our turkey? The raccoons had a great Christmas dinner.
+Quote Post
redshift
post Jan 5 2005, 06:07 PM
Post #9

Bless the Hell out of you!

Member No.: 869

UPS broke my shit, and I have since (since 1991) shipped with other peoples.

They ran me around for 6 months on a $5,000 claim, and I just told them to F O and forget about it. No offense to UPS families, but SCREW UPS.

They lost way more than $5k worth of business, way.. and I paid for the insurance, asspoles.

Bastards had the nerve to send me a check for THE COST OF THE INSURANCE.

M
+Quote Post
nsyr
post Jan 5 2005, 07:31 PM
Post #10

Because I Can

Member No.: 2,073

DHL is horrible. They constantly lose packages and you can't insure over $100. Their rates are great if your corporate, but then again all they do is take your stuff to the post office.
+Quote Post
Brando
post Jan 5 2005, 08:52 PM
Post #11

BUY MY SPARE KIDNEY!!!

Member No.: 2,648

UPS and fedex are about the same. DHL... perfect for small parcels and documents, but not anything of REAL value.
+Quote Post
jd74914
post Jan 5 2005, 09:07 PM
Post #12

Its alive

Member No.: 1,659

I can say do not like ups

I go a bunch of stuff shipped to me through them (multiple boxes), worth quite a bit,
some stiff was fragile, and the carrier threw the boxes onto my yard me from the other side of the road, after he asked me where I wanted him to put them (I had gone into the house). When I looked out and saw him throwing them I went ballistic (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/mad.gif) and chewed him out. Luckily I've never gotten that driver again.

For me UPS service sucks (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/finger.gif)

I've never had problems with fedex, but I don't ship stuff very much
+Quote Post
jd74914
post Jan 5 2005, 09:09 PM
Post #13

Its alive

Member No.: 1,659

Elliot, that sucks about the turkeys. Thats rediculous (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif)
+Quote Post
jwalters
post Jan 5 2005, 09:25 PM
Post #14

Sooo Close.......

Member No.: 2,068
Region Association: Europe

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/mad.gif) Years ago my parents were in Cali. and they shipped me a 2# box of SEES Candies..welllllll....................

Six weeks later it arrived.. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/headbang.gif) "Unimportant Propaganda Service!!!!

Man I wish SEES was available in a store outside of Cali!!!!!! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/pray.gif)
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Jan 5 2005, 09:26 PM
Post #15

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87

I went to Haltech.com tonight for some fuel injection info...this popped up on the front page (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smile.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Rhodes71/914
post Jan 5 2005, 09:37 PM
Post #16

Glacier

Member No.: 2,482

I have to agree with being a corporate account get you better treatment. I used to work for a title/escrow company and we sent dozens of packages a day, mostly documents, and if anything was late or missing they did everything they could to make it right.
+Quote Post
Jake Raby
post Jan 6 2005, 12:30 AM
Post #17

Engine Surgeon

Member No.: 1,095
Region Association: South East States

To Hell with PUS!

a few weeks ago Charles from LN shipped me a new server for my network...

Those pukes destroyed it....

It was insured...

a week later some guy shows up wearing a 3 piece suit and walks in the shop with a laptop and about a 10,000 buck digital camera. The damn thing looked like a space ship!

He asks where the damaged goods were and I took him to that corner of the shop. He had a smart ass tone and I asked him if he had a name and what the hell was hios reasoning for driving his piece of shit watercooled crap AROUND my gate! PUS must have lost his friendship and professionalism packet when it was shipped out!

He immediately noted that the box was used and that it showed signs of being improperly packed! Imagine that!

Then he starts showing me the scars inside the box that he was implying were caused from the computer hitting the box due to improper packing.. I then bring the point to him that he noted it was a used box and how can he prove that the last item shipped in the box didn't cause those scars??

He then finally introduced himself as being the "Senior sales executive" . I asked him just why they would pay someone with his clout to come do some shit work and take a few pics! I knew he was here because he noticed I had no account with UPS after being raped in 2001 by those bastards! He thought he could sellme on some more shitty service, excuses and lousy support!

I took the opportunity to give him a good thrashing for working for such a screwed up organization. He really pissed me off when he started taking up for them by saying that " We ship millions of packages a week and we only lose or damage FIVE PERCENT OF THEM" WTF??? Hell, if i had a 5% failure rate on an engine I'd dig my own grave and bury myself alive!

What pisses me off is that if they lose something, or damage it they treat you like a damn con artist or criminal because it happened and they only pay you after you call them every day for 3 months trying to get it straightened out!

IOkay, so what if you lose or damage 5% of what you do, but you better damn well have a 100% satisfaction rating for insurance claims!

Long story short, he handed me his business card and I threw it in the trash right in front of him and encouraged him to leave because we don't take to his kind very much in this neck of the woods.

On his way out he looked at me and said " I appreciate your honesty"

I replied "Then open your wallet and pay me for th 8 claims that your screwed up company wouldn't"- He shut up after that one, got in his Lexus and bottomed the oil
pan out 4 times going down the driveway!

BTW, I had a corporate account and shipped 30K in one year... The first year after I swapped to Fed Ex I spent 22K or so and sent MORE packages than the 30K year I had with PUS..

I now ship everything including whole engines with Fed Ex and if they break something or lose something I have a check with 2 weeks- No questions asked and no suit clad pansy shows up with an Asteroid camera trying to weasel out of it.
I'd rather ship something with the Damn Pony Express as to use PUS!
+Quote Post
skline
post Jan 6 2005, 01:02 AM
Post #18

Born to Drive

Member No.: 17

I have had good luck with the US Postal service lately. They have been fast and things got to where they were going without damage. Dell has started shipping thier computers with the USPS and require a signature. I shipped a box to my dad the week after Christmas and he got it in 2 days. It cost me about 3.85 to ship it which was about 4.00 less than UPS. If I can ship it through USPS that is the way I will ship it. So far, I havent found much I couldnt ship through them.
+Quote Post
mskala
post Jan 6 2005, 10:36 AM
Post #19

R

Member No.: 79

I have a UPS account, not used for huge dollars but hey every GW
is important. Yesterday I walked into the UPS store to send
something, he tells me it's probably cheaper to 'ship it through
me' than to put it on my account. WTF?!?#@ Meaning that any
shmo handing cash is going to get a better deal, PLUS they don't
get a bill every time that you have to mail back to them. (And it
doesn't seem like once a month, just whenever you send stuff
a bill comes right away).
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post Jan 6 2005, 10:49 AM
Post #20

Retired admin, banned a few times

Member No.: 5

I HAVE an account with them...they are insisting on NEW prices and catalog references for replacement parts on stuff that hasn't been made msince 1970.....
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 10:13 AM