Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> What is state of the art in Radiator venting?, Show me you vent holes, water pumpers
aircooledboy
post Feb 15 2014, 03:42 PM
Post #1

Sweet Pea's 1st ride in daddy's "vroom -vroom"

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,629
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Hey guys,

As I mentioned in my resto thread, the PO of my V8 car made the vent cutouts in the wheel wells WAY to big, resulting in dangerous cracking. My body guy has just filled the holes back in, so we can start from scratch.
Attached Image

Several of you had mentioned the the current wisdom on these holes is that they can be much smaller and still get the job done. I did a search, but the huge number of possible search terms makes finding much of anything tricky. Soo. . . . if any of you could post some pics of what you have had success with, I would be grateful. I'll update my other thread, but he is nearing completion, and I am so excited, I can't stand it. I want to get the cutouts right, and get some paint on this beotch. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

Of course the (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) part presumes that the freakin' snow will ever be gone, which seems iffy at this point. This is the view of my driveway this minute, and we are due to get a couple more inches tonight.

Attached Image

That's my 11 year old snowboarding on the 12 foot high snow banks in my drive
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 11:08 AM