Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> bolts...eeek!, need tranny bolts; too many choices!
ben914
post Jan 6 2005, 09:36 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,178

My beloved 914 came without some necessities that I'm starting to notice now that I'm finally attaching the motor to the tranny. Among my concerns today is the fact that since my car came without an engine, it also came without a full set of tranny-to-engine bolts. I found a couple bolts that came with the car that look right...10mm X 110mm.

So then I tried to buy some, which has turned out to be an adventure in and of itself! None of the hardware or auto parts stores around here carry something that long, except EBS, and they only have it in the class 8.8, and I don't know if that's strong enough. I also had fun searching for motor mounts and arguing with the Autozone guy who insisted the 914 didn't have rubber motor mounts, despite the fact that I had a dead one in my car.

So now I went online to mcmaster and found I really have no idea how to pick from all the available choices. Do I need class 10.9 or 8.8 (the guy at EBS said if it's too strong it could shear the case?)? Is 10mm X 110mm really the size I need? what kind of finish do I want -- black oxide or zinc plated?

This is for a conversion to electric motor which will produce as much as 200ft-lb of torque.

Thanks
-Ben
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
r_towle
post Jan 6 2005, 08:14 PM
Post #2

Custom Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 124
Region Association: North East States

Hi,
Look up Foreign Intrigue for used/new porsche parts.

http://www.foreignintrigue.com

They are in Berwick Maine, not to far away and they will have what you need.

Good luck.

Rich
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 09:11 AM