Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

27 Pages V « < 8 9 10 11 12 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OKTEENERFEST 2014 - 914 Gathering and Can Am Reunion, 50+ 914s invading Townsend and the Smokies!
Vysoc
post Jul 12 2014, 02:46 PM
Post #181

Vysoc

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,737
Region Association: South East States

I got it worked out to finally drive the Tail of the Dragon in my 914!!!

Looking forward to escaping the Florida Heat and driving the 750+ miles to the Tail.

I am coming!!!!

Wysoc (IMG:style_emoticons/default/flag.gif)

Attached Image

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
tumamilhem
post Jul 14 2014, 08:46 AM
Post #182

LUFTBRIGADE

Member No.: 15,092

Sadly (and most regrettably) Valentine (my LE Can Am Creamsicle) and I will not be able to attend due to my cousin's wedding being that Friday and rehearsal dinner that Thursday in Grosse Point, Detroit. I had been planning on this for a year and would really love to have my LE there for the reunion. Same damn weekend. She could've been a contender. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Anyway, I'm posting this because I just cancelled my reservation at the Talley Ho Inn. It took me 4 months to finally give in and cancel my reservation. I had one of the "Original 8" rooms booked from Thursday to Sunday. So if anybody needs a room still, there is now one open for the entire event.

Have a great time everybody. I still would like a t-shirt and goodie bag if possible.

FML :/

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image
+Quote Post
naro914
post Jul 14 2014, 09:58 AM
Post #183

Losing my mind...

Member No.: 6,073

I just spoke to the hotel
there are only 11 rooms left! If you don't get into the host hotel, there are plenty of places nearby, but being on the premises is certainly an advantage!

So...book your room and register now. You DO NOT want to miss this event!
+Quote Post
poorsche914
post Jul 14 2014, 04:54 PM
Post #184

T4 Supercharged

Member No.: 10,419

QUOTE(tumamilhem @ Jul 14 2014, 10:46 AM) *
Sadly (and most regrettably) Valentine (my LE Can Am Creamsicle) and I will not be able to attend due to my cousin's wedding being that Friday and rehearsal dinner that Thursday in Grosse Point, Detroit. I had been planning on this for a year and would really love to have my LE there for the reunion. Same damn weekend. She could've been a contender. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Anyway, I'm posting this because I just cancelled my reservation at the Talley Ho Inn. It took me 4 months to finally give in and cancel my reservation. I had one of the "Original 8" rooms booked from Thursday to Sunday. So if anybody needs a room still, there is now one open for the entire event.

Have a great time everybody. I still would like a t-shirt and goodie bag if possible.

Tommy,

When I saw this posting on my phone, I was hoping the wedding had been cancelled (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Sorry you can't make it. Will definitely get a shirt for you and perhaps a few items from the goodie bag stash.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
tumamilhem
post Jul 14 2014, 05:50 PM
Post #185

LUFTBRIGADE

Member No.: 15,092

QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jul 14 2014, 06:54 PM) *

QUOTE(tumamilhem @ Jul 14 2014, 10:46 AM) *

Tommy,

When I saw this posting on my phone, I was hoping the wedding had been cancelled (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Sorry you can't make it. Will definitely get a shirt for you and perhaps a few items from the goodie bag stash.

Thanks man. I do appreciate it. I hate that I have to miss it. If I went to one 914 event, it would be this one for the Can Am reunion.

Let me know what to owe for the shirt. I guess I take an adult large.
+Quote Post
Betty
post Jul 16 2014, 09:07 AM
Post #186

Driver

Member No.: 3,255

Clay’s going to take the GoPro I’m sure and record every bit of the driving from his car. Does anybody else plan on bringing their GoPro’s or equivalent?

If so, is there a way to be able to play all of the various clips such that more than one person can watch them at a time (maybe on a projector screen) while we’re sitting around at night drinking and bs'ing discussing very important points of driving technique? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/bs.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bs.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bs.gif)
+Quote Post
naro914
post Jul 16 2014, 12:35 PM
Post #187

Losing my mind...

QUOTE(Betty @ Jul 16 2014, 11:07 AM) *

Clay’s going to take the GoPro I’m sure and record every bit of the driving from his car. Does anybody else plan on bringing their GoPro’s or equivalent?

If so, is there a way to be able to play all of the various clips such that more than one person can watch them at a time (maybe on a projector screen) while we’re sitting around at night drinking and bs'ing discussing very important points of driving technique? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/bs.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bs.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bs.gif)

Does Clay REALLY want us critiqueing his driving techniques? I can offer some observations right now... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif)

We will have our GoPro and I'll have my computer, a projector and screen so yes, we can all make fun of...er...discuss Clay's driving.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post
billh1963
post Jul 16 2014, 12:58 PM
Post #188

Car Hoarder!

Member No.: 12,871

I took my GoPro last year. It was fun looking at some of that video over the winter.
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Jul 16 2014, 02:59 PM
Post #189

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15,438

Well new windshield goes in tomorrow after 3 weeks. Replaced the triangle window seals! Mark from 914 Rubber had a list of suggested parts in his install instructions (window fuzzes and such) to replace while you were taking things apart. Mine looked good from the outside so I did not order them. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

Well anything that looked good promptly fell apart when removed. So now I have all new window and door seals for Okteenerfest. Next sail vinyl. Then new wider tires to help tackle the Dragon!
+Quote Post
naro914
post Jul 16 2014, 03:24 PM
Post #190

Losing my mind...

Come on Mike, get crackin!!! Remember my list above? been driving Huey for over a week now! Runs GREAT!! Doing an autocross this weekend (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Jul 16 2014, 03:35 PM
Post #191

Advanced Member

QUOTE(naro914 @ Jul 16 2014, 01:24 PM) *

Come on Mike, get crackin!!! Remember my list above? been driving Huey for over a week now! Runs GREAT!! Doing an autocross this weekend (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Yes your list was much bigger. While I don't mind a few bugs in my teeth that you get from driving without a windshield, those rocks and rain drops hurt!

Part of my delay was not listening to a Mark and ordering all the parts recommended. Of course ordering and getting the windshield took forever!
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Jul 17 2014, 06:25 AM
Post #192

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

QUOTE(naro914 @ Jul 16 2014, 01:35 PM) *

QUOTE(Betty @ Jul 16 2014, 11:07 AM) *

Does Clay REALLY want us critiqueing his driving techniques? I can offer some observations right now... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif)

We will have our GoPro and I'll have my computer, a projector and screen so yes, we can all make fun of...er...discuss Clay's driving.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

I will be a gentlemen and refrain from comments about glass houses, stones, and wooden bridges.
+Quote Post
naro914
post Jul 17 2014, 06:39 AM
Post #193

Losing my mind...

Ha! I'm not sure wrecking a car in a high speed, competitive race in the rain constitutes poor driving... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Jul 17 2014, 07:36 AM
Post #194

QUOTE(naro914 @ Jul 17 2014, 07:39 AM) *

Ha! I'm not sure wrecking a car in a high speed, competitive race in the rain constitutes poor driving... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Good driving means you would have stayed on the road. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

+Quote Post
naro914
post Jul 17 2014, 09:12 AM
Post #195

Losing my mind...

Sometimes there are conditions out of your control...like a wet and oily bridge in the middle of a race!! 5 others went off there to, and that's AFTER they had a flagger warning them...we didn't have the warning since we were first.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Jul 17 2014, 09:22 AM
Post #196

Excuses Excuses Excuses... Blame the bridge, the track, anything but the driver.

Ayrton Senna or Michael Schumacker would have accelerated across the bridge and kept going.
+Quote Post
poorsche914
post Jul 17 2014, 10:01 AM
Post #197

T4 Supercharged

Settle down, boys.(IMG:style_emoticons/default/Yack.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stick.gif)

+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Jul 17 2014, 10:44 AM
Post #198

Advanced Member

If either of these guys so much as rings a door in the parking lot I can see some tough love being dished out at dinner!
+Quote Post
naro914
post Jul 17 2014, 11:55 AM
Post #199

Losing my mind...

Ha!!! All in good fun!!
I'm just happy Clay and his MUCH better half Betty are coming out for the event so we CAN jab each other!!
+Quote Post
poorsche914
post Jul 20 2014, 04:32 PM
Post #200

T4 Supercharged

Okteenerfest web site had a plugin error and was not loading properly. I am currently out of town and just now got to taking care of the issue. For anyone who attempted to visit the site to register, just wanted to let you know the site is now back online.

Sorry for the inconvenience (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

27 Pages V « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 02:06 AM