Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

27 Pages V « < 9 10 11 12 13 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OKTEENERFEST 2014 - 914 Gathering and Can Am Reunion, 50+ 914s invading Townsend and the Smokies!
Betty
post Jul 21 2014, 07:48 AM
Post #201

Driver

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,255
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(naro914 @ Jul 17 2014, 12:55 PM) *

Ha!!! All in good fun!!
I'm just happy Clay and his MUCH better half Betty are coming out for the event so we CAN jab each other!!

Now, now, boys..... you are BOTH handsome and very manly. There's no need to be fighting! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/parry.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

I was sitting here looking at the map for the Friday fun driving route and had a general question… Is it considered 'uncool' if I just happen to find myself (in my puny stock 1.8) behind any one of the fire-breathing, big engined cars at some point on the drive and honk at them… ya know… because they were holding me up? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stirthepot.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Jul 21 2014, 10:30 AM
Post #202

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

QUOTE(Betty @ Jul 21 2014, 08:48 AM) *

I was sitting here looking at the map for the Friday fun driving route and had a general question… Is it considered 'uncool' if I just happen to find myself (in my puny stock 1.8) behind any one of the fire-breathing, big engined cars at some point on the drive and honk at them… ya know… because they were holding me up? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stirthepot.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)

If you are behind me, just remember two things.....

1. I can disconnect the horn on your car.

2. You have to go to sleep sometime.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Jul 21 2014, 12:06 PM
Post #203

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15,438

Looks like a few people will be sleeping with one eye open! Betty, I will be there with you in my puny 2056. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
naro914
post Jul 21 2014, 06:42 PM
Post #204

Losing my mind...

Member No.: 6,073

See all the fun those of you that haven't signed up are missing?
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Betty
post Jul 23 2014, 07:58 AM
Post #205

Driver

I was glancing through the Okteenerfest site and saw this information about the car show that’s going to be held that Saturday morning... "Classes will be at the discretion of the event Chairs and all decisions are final…but they do take bribes…”

Sooo.... are we talking 24 Hours of Lemons level of bribery here - cuz we could all have a WHOLE lot of fun with this one! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Jul 23 2014, 08:05 AM
Post #206

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Betty @ Jul 23 2014, 05:58 AM) *

I was glancing through the Okteenerfest site and saw this information about the car show that’s going to be held that Saturday morning... "Classes will be at the discretion of the event Chairs and all decisions are final…but they do take bribes…”

Sooo.... are we talking 24 Hours of Lemons level of bribery here - cuz we could all have a WHOLE lot of fun with this one! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)

heck Bob even takes Paypal. But beer works also!
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Jul 23 2014, 08:33 AM
Post #207

Advanced Member

As a little update, we have received over $3,500 in sponsor support for this event. We have over 25 sponsors with some amazing levels of support. Not all of them are listed yet on the web site but if you register for this event you will likely receive some great prizes and gifts that far exceed the cost of the event. We have a number if $100 gift certificates as well as a $500 gift certificate from LN Engineering. Some of the prizes like the PMB calipers and Custom gauge lights are valued at $400.

Additionally, a number of sponsors are waiting to see how many people will attend before providing support. So if you are considering attending please register so we can gain even more support.
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Jul 23 2014, 06:30 PM
Post #208

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

As much as I want to, its not likely I can make this event, but in my absence I would like to donate some 914 wiring harnesses/gift certs for same. Who do I contact and where to send them to?
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Jul 23 2014, 07:53 PM
Post #209

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jul 23 2014, 04:30 PM) *

As much as I want to, its not likely I can make this event, but in my absence I would like to donate some 914 wiring harnesses/gift certs for same. Who do I contact and where to send them to?

Jeff that would be me. I will PM you my email. That could be one of the best event prizes ever! You can't get the harness anywhere else!
+Quote Post
tumamilhem
post Jul 24 2014, 01:33 PM
Post #210

LUFTBRIGADE

Member No.: 15,092

Well, I finally got Valentine back from the shop yesterday! 10+ months and more than $5,000 later (WAY too much), but worth it! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)

Today, 24 July 2014 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

Attached Image
+Quote Post
poorsche914
post Jul 24 2014, 01:37 PM
Post #211

T4 Supercharged

Member No.: 10,419

QUOTE(tumamilhem @ Jul 24 2014, 03:33 PM) *
Well, I finally got Valentine back from the shop yesterday! 10+ months and more than $5,000 later (WAY too much), but worth it! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)

Ready for Okteenerfest! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)

Hope she's running better than ever (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

+Quote Post
Betty
post Jul 30 2014, 07:09 AM
Post #212

Driver

Foothills Parkway – The Dragon – Moonshiner 28 – Great Smoky Mountains National Park – Little River Road…

I’ve only ever driven The Dragon before (stuck behind a mini-van for most of it) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) I was wondering if there are any sections of mainly scenic driving ? Stretches of scenery in between sections of technical driving sure are fun. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
dlee6204
post Jul 30 2014, 07:18 AM
Post #213

Howdy

Member No.: 5,956

QUOTE(Betty @ Jul 30 2014, 09:09 AM) *

Foothills Parkway – The Dragon – Moonshiner 28 – Great Smoky Mountains National Park – Little River Road…

I’ve only ever driven The Dragon before (stuck behind a mini-van for most of it) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) I was wondering if there are any sections of mainly scenic driving ? Stretches of scenery in between sections of technical driving sure are fun. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

The whole area is very scenic and I'm sure you won't be dissappointed with all the routes. The GSMNP is especially scenic in my opinion.
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Jul 30 2014, 07:20 AM
Post #214

Advanced Member

Jeff Bowlsby really wanted to attend this event but can't make it. While I would love to meet Jeff and pick his brain but because he cant make it he is sending a few goodies along for prizes.

Jeff is providing a gift certificate for $90 which can be used for an alternator harness or put towards any other harness or service he offers (FI/Ignition harnesses, MPS rebuilds), etc. Jeff is also sending 2 wiper delay relay harnesses that can be installed on 1972-76 cars. I want one of these!

Thanks Jeff!

Attached Image
+Quote Post
naro914
post Jul 30 2014, 07:46 AM
Post #215

Losing my mind...

QUOTE(dlee6204 @ Jul 30 2014, 09:18 AM) *

QUOTE(Betty @ Jul 30 2014, 09:09 AM) *

The whole area is very scenic and I'm sure you won't be dissappointed with all the routes. The GSMNP is especially scenic in my opinion.

Exactly
the only real 'technical' part of the drive is the Dragon and parts of Moonshiner 28. Foothills Parkway is really pretty, as is Moonshiner 28 which runs along the river/lake for a ways. GSMNP is VERY scenic.

The route instructions are VERY detailed because we emphasize that people that want to stop along the way to take pictures or just explore should not feel pressured to keep up with any group. We DO NOT subscribe to the notion that we should stop at every light, every stop sign, every turn...so we needed to make the instructions very foolproof.

We have a few planned stops along the way to regroup, gather, take a restroom break, etc. Basically, the route is:
- Leave the hotel, run the Foothills Parkway to US 129, stop and regroup before the Dragon
- Leave regroup point, over the Dragon, stop at Deals Gap and Dragon store for purchase of momentoes
- Leave Deals Gap and a short run to go to the top of the Fontana Dam for some great views, photo ops, and much cleaner/bigger bathrooms!!
- Leave Fontana Dam and run to Bryson City for Lunch (no particular place for lunch, we will provide a detailed map of the entire town - only a few blocks long - with lunch options)
- gather after lunch, drive through Chrerokee then up through Great Smoky Mtn National Park.
- There are rest areas at the entrance and exit of GSMNP, our route plan is to stop at the exit one (about 45 min from Lunch)
- and from there, we head back to the hotel on Little River Road - again very scenic.

Along the way, there are tons of great stopping places, plus 'fun' shopping in Cherokee, so we really encourage people to stop and enjoy the place. There's plenty of time....

Unfortunately, there's usually more slower traffic through GSMNP, so there's plenty of 'Look at the Scenery' time... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
naro914
post Jul 31 2014, 05:58 AM
Post #216

Losing my mind...

Hi all
so it looks like we had a little glitch in the website registration - gotta love technology!!

Steve figured it out and it's all good now, but he thinks there are 2 registrations missing - one from Boone, NC and one from Milton, FL (no idea how he knows that!!)

So..if you've registered and DO NOT see you name on the list on Okteenerfest.com (or below as of 8am July 31), please go back and re-register. Sorry for the inconvenience...:

1.) Peter Beringer
2.) Bob Bischoff
3.) Kim Blizzard
4.) Michael Blizzard
5.) Lewis Broyles
6.) Marla Broyles
7.) Barbara Crosby
8.) Vic Crosby
9.) Jamie Donaldson
10.) Gregory Dondero
11.) Richard Dunn
12.) Ali Dunster
13.) Bill Dunster
14.) Ken Fast
15.) Al Favilla
16.) Jim Flanagan
17.) Mella Flanagan
18.) Grady Goodwin
19.) Judy Goodwin
20.) John Grier
21.) Warren Heideman
22.) William Howerton
23.) Adrienne Jentz
24.) John Jentz
25.) Donna Knight
26.) Kelvin Knight
27.) Doug Leehr
28.) Gary McClure
29.) Judy McClure
30.) Al Meredith
31.) Ken Park
32.) Betty Perrine
33.) Clay Perrine
34.) Bob Saville
35.) Nadine Saville
36.) Cathy Saxton
37.) Danny Saxton
38.) Pam Schleif
39.) Steven Schleif
+Quote Post
naro914
post Aug 1 2014, 01:39 PM
Post #217

Losing my mind...

so...who's gonna be #40??
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Aug 1 2014, 02:13 PM
Post #218

Advanced Member

Ok I will offer a Porsche hat provided by Ecklers to #40!
+Quote Post
poorsche914
post Aug 1 2014, 02:30 PM
Post #219

T4 Supercharged

Member No.: 10,419

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Aug 1 2014, 02:43 PM
Post #220

Advanced Member

QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Aug 1 2014, 12:30 PM) *

Yep my bad!

Attached Image
+Quote Post

27 Pages V « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:01 PM