Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

27 Pages V « < 12 13 14 15 16 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OKTEENERFEST 2014 - 914 Gathering and Can Am Reunion, 50+ 914s invading Townsend and the Smokies!
Betty
post Aug 14 2014, 10:07 PM
Post #261

Driver

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,255
Region Association: South East States

Hi Rrrockhound.

I'm with you, driving like an idiot on public roads is not to be tolerated!

I am just as competitive as the next driver..... on a track (yeah I autocross, yeah my 'track' is a parking lot, I have a blast doing it!) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)

I'm coming for the great driving, the beautiful scenery, I get to hang with my own 'kind', the sitting around and talking afterwards (that part is AWEsome!) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)

I wouldn't miss this for anything - the guys putting it on are real stand-up people.

You would be SO sorry if you missed it!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Rrrockhound
post Aug 15 2014, 06:22 AM
Post #262

Member No.: 5,213
Region Association: None

Thanks everybody for the comments... they're just what I was hoping to hear! I'll be sure to sign up!
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Aug 16 2014, 10:45 AM
Post #263

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15,438

Ready for some more prizes? Ron Thomas at AASE has provide a $100 gift certificate. Some really nice stuff on their site!

Attached Image

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Aug 16 2014, 10:53 AM
Post #264

Advanced Member

OK I do t know about yours but my current car cover swallows my 914 whole with plenty of room to spare.

Microbead Car Covers has sent us one of their custom fit car covers. This thing has straps to keep if from blowing off, has a UV coating, is water resistant, and has a lifetime warranty!

Going to try it out on my car and get some pictures of it on a 914. This cover is valued at over $200. I think it would make a great prize for many of us!

Attached Image

Anyone up for one of these for your car?
+Quote Post
Wdunster
post Aug 17 2014, 06:03 PM
Post #265

Panel beater

Member No.: 17,469

QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Aug 16 2014, 12:53 PM) *

OK I do t know about yours but my current car cover swallows my 914 whole with plenty of room to spare.

Microbead Car Covers has sent us one of their custom fit car covers. This thing has straps to keep if from blowing off, has a UV coating, is water resistant, and has a lifetime warranty!

Going to try it out on my car and get some pictures of it on a 914. This cover is valued at over $200. I think it would make a great prize for many of us!

Attached Image

Hi guys
I use a factory Boxter cover that fits perfect! Much to the dismay of many Boxter owners. This is the silver cover with fleece lining.
+Quote Post
naro914
post Aug 18 2014, 08:14 AM
Post #266

Losing my mind...

Member No.: 6,073

If you are planning to attend Okteenerfest and want to stay in the host hotel Tally Ho Inn where all the events are run out of, as of this morning there are only 7 rooms rooms left of our block. The block is released on August 25 and I was just told this morning that they have 20 people that are NOT from our group on the waitlist - waiting for the rooms to be released.

Book your room NOW...we want the whole hotel to be 914's!!

If you don't get into the Tally Ho, don't worry, there are plenty of other hotels within 1 mile of the Tally Ho, but from the sounds of them having such a large waitlis, you still need to book now or potentially miss out!!
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Aug 18 2014, 09:07 AM
Post #267

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106

At some point, i am wondering about the swap meet portion, just wondering if we should start a separate thread, i have a few items but would like to know if there is interest, and need a few items, could also let others know what is in need- save a bunch on shipping. -
for example- i a 914 Bra for early model teener would like to sell,
i need some center caps for my 14" fuchs.-

-also looking for advice from those that have been on such excursions what to remember to bring / pack. I know this is a month + out but i'm ready to start planning.
+Quote Post
poorsche914
post Aug 18 2014, 09:16 AM
Post #268

T4 Supercharged

Member No.: 10,419

Good suggestion, Philip. I started a Swap Meet thread

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Aug 18 2014, 09:58 AM
Post #269

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Philip W. @ Aug 18 2014, 07:07 AM) *

At some point, i am wondering about the swap meet portion, just wondering if we should start a separate thread, i have a few items but would like to know if there is interest, and need a few items, could also let others know what is in need- save a bunch on shipping. -
for example- i a 914 Bra for early model teener would like to sell,
i need some center caps for my 14" fuchs.-

-also looking for advice from those that have been on such excursions what to remember to bring / pack. I know this is a month + out but i'm ready to start planning.

Well what to bring? Here is what I am planning to bring. Will add to it as I think of more things.

General Items:
Chairs / blanket
Car cleaning stuff
First aid kit
Shade tent ect
Sun screen
Camera

Car Items
Extra oil
Minor set of tools
Extra clutch cable (Bob)
Accelerator cable
Spare Injector if FI
Good spare
Spare fuzes
Jumper cables
Car cover
Assortment of standard bolts and extra CV joint bolts
+Quote Post
naro914
post Aug 18 2014, 10:20 AM
Post #270

Losing my mind...

we will have plenty of water and soda available. If you want any adult beverages, you must bring your own. And there's not much in the way of local stores to purchase anything other than beer (there is an IGA there).

Both my clutch and throttle cables are brand new...so hopefully... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
tumamilhem
post Aug 18 2014, 10:33 AM
Post #271

LUFTBRIGADE

Member No.: 15,092

QUOTE(Wdunster @ Aug 17 2014, 08:03 PM) *

Attached Image

Hi guys
I use a factory Boxter cover that fits perfect! Much to the dismay of many Boxter owners. This is the silver cover with fleece lining.

I'd love a custom fit microbead cover! Where can I get one?
+Quote Post
naro914
post Aug 18 2014, 10:36 AM
Post #272

Losing my mind...

QUOTE(tumamilhem @ Aug 18 2014, 12:33 PM) *

come to Okteenerfest! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Aug 18 2014, 10:39 AM
Post #273

Advanced Member

QUOTE(tumamilhem @ Aug 18 2014, 08:33 AM) *

QUOTE(Wdunster @ Aug 17 2014, 08:03 PM) *

Attached Image

Hi guys

Well seeing as you cant make it this year. Go to http://www.microbeadcarcovers.com/index.ph...&year=13359
+Quote Post
naro914
post Aug 20 2014, 12:31 PM
Post #274

Losing my mind...

5 weeks!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

does this sign get you excited??

Attached Image
+Quote Post
57lincolnman
post Aug 20 2014, 12:49 PM
Post #275

Member No.: 12,175
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Feb 25 2014, 04:34 PM) *

Ok, all you Can Am/Limited Edition 914 enthusiasts.... this is the gathering you have been waiting for (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)

In celebration of the 40th anniversary of these special cars (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) Okteenerfest will double as a reunion for all Limited Edition 914s. I know there are a LOT of these 914s in the Southeast (and beyond) so dust 'em off and tune 'em up to make the journey to Townsend, TN this September 25-27. Let's make this the largest gathering of Limited Edition 914s in the world (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

Don't have a 914 LE? No worries. ALL 914s are welcome to join in (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) the awesome mountain roads of east Tennessee and western North Carolina. Since the government shutdown affected nearly 3/4s of our original route in 2013, we will be using that same route for this year. Dubbed "der Nebelbergring", the route circles the Smokies and includes not only the world-famous 318 curves of the Dragon, but also Foothills Parkway, a portion of Moonshiner 28, Little River Road, and a run through Great Smoky Mountains National Park. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif)

In addition to the (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif), Okteenerfest will feature plenty of good eating, an awards ceremony, tons of give-aways from the most awesome vendors, a Peoples Choice Car Show, and some of the nicest people you will ever meet gathered in a single place (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Okteenerfest will be hosted this year by the Talley Ho Inn located in Townsend, TN just a mile or so south of last year's venue (no longer in business (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) )

-------IMPORTANT LODGING INFORMATION-------
Talley Ho Inn
8314 State Hwy 73, Townsend, TN 37882
Phone: 1-800-448-2465 or 865-448-2465
Fax: 865-448-3913
Email: info@talleyhoinn.com

We have 40 rooms blocked on a first come, first serve basis. Ask for “Porsche 914 Group”. Once these rooms are all taken, they will direct people to other local places that they work with. We have basically the entire place except for a few rooms already booked…They will release the block of rooms on August 25.

Standard Room: have microwave, frig, coffee maker
$68 for Thursday night (Sept 25)
$109 for Friday and Saturday nights (Sept 26 – 27)
(Plus tax)

“Original 8” rooms: VERY basic, smaller rooms, no frig or microwave.
$56 for Thursday night
$93 for Friday and Saturday nights
(Plus Tax)

They also have some that are jacuzzi rooms for $83/$124 prices.

See you in the fall!

What's the itinerary for the events. I can't get up there until sometime on Friday. Don't want to miss too much.
+Quote Post
naro914
post Aug 20 2014, 01:02 PM
Post #276

Losing my mind...

^^ see post #238 for a tentative schedule. Approx Times TBD but our guestimate at the moment would be:
-Leave hotel at 9 or so (assuming I don't break a clutch cable again!!)
-Lunch in Bryson City at around noonish
-Back to hotel about 3:30 or 4
-Dinner 6 or 6:30

Once I get a chance to look at the timing, I'll have something a bit more accurate...
+Quote Post
poorsche914
post Aug 20 2014, 01:07 PM
Post #277

T4 Supercharged

Lincolnman... not sure from which direction you will be coming but if it is near the route and the timing is right, join us in the Friday drive at any point.

+Quote Post
poorsche914
post Aug 20 2014, 08:54 PM
Post #278

T4 Supercharged

We are only THREE registrants away from hitting the magical 50 mark (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)
As Bob mentioned in a previous post, we will have a drawing for a FREE Okteenerfest 2015 registration with 50+ registrants. At 60+, we will have TWO drawings.

Five weeks to go. What are ya waiting for? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

+Quote Post
naro914
post Aug 21 2014, 06:08 AM
Post #279

Losing my mind...

I finally got around to putting a video of the Tail of the Dragon part of 2013 Okteenerfest drive up on YouTube.

How can you NOT want to be here and drive this???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxSaN6yNx4M
+Quote Post
naro914
post Aug 22 2014, 05:46 AM
Post #280

Losing my mind...

Another part of the 2013 drive: Moonshiner 28 - and yes, we will be driving this too this year!

This is the part immediately following the previous video of the Dragon. This part is such a beautiful drive along the river.
These videos are the only parts of the drive that we will be repeating from last year, the rest will be all new. We figured most people won't complain about having to drive the Dragon or Moonshiner 28 repeatedly...

I put music to this one to eliminate the wind noiseb

(btw, both of these are in HD though it doesn't look as perfect as you would think.....but it takes FOREVER to upload!!)

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8TSUyhS3Sw
+Quote Post

27 Pages V « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 06:38 PM