Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

27 Pages V « < 21 22 23 24 25 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OKTEENERFEST 2014 - 914 Gathering and Can Am Reunion, 50+ 914s invading Townsend and the Smokies!
Mblizzard
post Sep 18 2014, 07:54 PM
Post #441

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,438
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Sep 18 2014, 05:19 PM) *

OKTEENERFEST - By the Numbers

50+ 914s will be present
80+ people will be in attendance
(I have added the + since there will be locals stopping by for portions of the event)
30 Sponsors/Vendors have generously supported the event with cash, door prizes, etc

Of the 50 registered 914s...

Year:
6 1971 +1
2 1972
9 1973
23 1974 +4
8 1975
2 1976 +1
(the + denotes 914s left at home)

Bolt Pattern:
35 4-lug
15 5-lug

20 Stock Colors:
1 alaska blue met
1 ancona blue met
6 bahia red
2 black
2 canary yellow
1 copper met
2 delphi green met
1 diamond silver met
1 forest green
1 gold met
1 guards red
1 irish green
1 light ivory
1 olympic blue
1 phoenix red
1 ravenna green
1 signal orange
5 silver met
1 sunflower yellow
1 zambezi green

7 Custom Paints:
1 Blue Opal
1 Dark Silver Metallic
1 Tangelo
1 plain red
1 Grand Prix White
1 Sunoco Yellow/Blue
1 Viper race yellow

10+1 CanAm cars:
4 LE Bumble Bee
6 LE Creamsicle
1 LE Creamsicle tribute

914 used as:
1 Autocrosser
3 Concours
19 Daily Drivers
6 Garage Queens
5 Projects
1 Race Car
12 Street Legal
3 Survivors

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

I am thinking that we might attract a bit of attention! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Wdunster
post Sep 18 2014, 08:44 PM
Post #442

Panel beater

Member No.: 17,469

QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Sep 18 2014, 09:54 PM) *

QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Sep 18 2014, 05:19 PM) *

OKTEENERFEST - By the Numbers

50+ 914s will be present
80+ people will be in attendance
(I have added the + since there will be locals stopping by for portions of the event)
30 Sponsors/Vendors have generously supported the event with cash, door prizes, etc

Of the 50 registered 914s...

Year:
6 1971 +1
2 1972
9 1973
23 1974 +4
8 1975
2 1976 +1
(the + denotes 914s left at home)

Bolt Pattern:
35 4-lug
15 5-lug

20 Stock Colors:
1 alaska blue met
1 ancona blue met
6 bahia red
2 black
2 canary yellow
1 copper met
2 delphi green met
1 diamond silver met
1 forest green
1 gold met
1 guards red
1 irish green
1 light ivory
1 olympic blue
1 phoenix red
1 ravenna green
1 signal orange
5 silver met
1 sunflower yellow
1 zambezi green

7 Custom Paints:
1 Blue Opal
1 Dark Silver Metallic
1 Tangelo
1 plain red
1 Grand Prix White
1 Sunoco Yellow/Blue
1 Viper race yellow

10+1 CanAm cars:
4 LE Bumble Bee
6 LE Creamsicle
1 LE Creamsicle tribute

914 used as:
1 Autocrosser
3 Concours
19 Daily Drivers
6 Garage Queens
5 Projects
1 Race Car
12 Street Legal
3 Survivors

I am thinking that we might attract a bit of attention! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

This is going to be a blast! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
poorsche914
post Sep 18 2014, 09:22 PM
Post #443

T4 Supercharged

Member No.: 10,419

Extended weather outlook for the area...

FRI 26
DEALS GAP, BRYSON CITY, CHEROKEE: Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 70s and lows in the low 50s.

SAT 27
TOWNSEND: Possible early morning showers. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the upper 50s.

So pretty much perfect driving weather (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

+Quote Post
Betty
post Sep 19 2014, 01:14 PM
Post #444

Driver

Member No.: 3,255

I was already psyched... now I'm super psyched!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/Jumpy.gif)

Important questions that need answers;
1) Are there any provisions at the host hotel for car-washing? If not, are there car washes in town? My car might not be the prettiest right now but a girl does have her pride. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/FERG.gif)

2) Are there any places close to the HQ hotel to buy adult beverages; beer or liquor? What are the TN laws as far as closing times, days they're open etc. of said adult beverage purveyors? We live in the Bible Belt - they have some strange laws here that are holdovers from the original Blue Laws.

3) Mention was made of sitting around a fire pit or the like one evening - does that mean the makings for S'mores would be welcomed? Cuz I luvs me some S'mores! (if I can remember to pack the stuff that is... let's see, chocolate bars and marshmallows do not in the back trunk, else I'll be driving one big yummy smelling, rolling S'more!)

Clay only has to drop the transmission out of his car this weekend to fix a bearing that's aggravating him with the noise and then we are SET!!!
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/betty914.jpg)
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Sep 19 2014, 02:34 PM
Post #445

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Betty @ Sep 19 2014, 11:14 AM) *

I was already psyched... now I'm super psyched!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/Jumpy.gif)

Important questions that need answers;
1) Are there any provisions at the host hotel for car-washing? If not, are there car washes in town? My car might not be the prettiest right now but a girl does have her pride. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/FERG.gif)

2) Are there any places close to the HQ hotel to buy adult beverages; beer or liquor? What are the TN laws as far as closing times, days they're open etc. of said adult beverage purveyors? We live in the Bible Belt - they have some strange laws here that are holdovers from the original Blue Laws.

3) Mention was made of sitting around a fire pit or the like one evening - does that mean the makings for S'mores would be welcomed? Cuz I luvs me some S'mores! (if I can remember to pack the stuff that is... let's see, chocolate bars and marshmallows do not in the back trunk, else I'll be driving one big yummy smelling, rolling S'more!)

Clay only has to drop the transmission out of his car this weekend to fix a bearing that's aggravating him with the noise and then we are SET!!!
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/betty914.jpg)

Betty can't wait to meet you! There is a car wash just down from the hotel that can be used. I asked about washing at the hotel but did not get a good answer. I will be bringing a hose and bucket and I bet we can find a water faucet.

You guys will be coming in from the west and passing through Knoxville on the way to the event. I will PM you my number so if you want or have time we can wash your car at my house so you show up looking fine!. Don't worry Clay, you can wash yours too!

Pretty flexible laws here. Just have to buy liquor and wine in a package store. If you get close to Knoxville call me and I will give you a good place to stock up as some areas are sparse on package stores. Beer is available in all stores.
+Quote Post
poorsche914
post Sep 19 2014, 02:41 PM
Post #446

T4 Supercharged

Member No.: 10,419

What Mike said about a car wash (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
If you two are coming in from the south via Chattanooga, you will probably not go as far as Knoxville but will drive thru Maryville. Plenty of places there to stock up for the weekend (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
I am not sure if they sell beer/liquor in Townsend (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) Anyone from last year remember?

+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Sep 19 2014, 03:40 PM
Post #447

Advanced Member

Ok so it is getting to the point that because of our great sponsors, I am almost afraid to open the boxes that show up! Carrie from 914 Central has hooked everyone coming with some great items! 914 Central and a number of vendors have really stepped up and made a statement about how important 914s are to them and what they do. I know everyone is sick of me babbling but just look at what showed up today.

Attached Image

Attached Image

If you need parts for your car, keep our sponsors in mind when you buy. They have made an undeniable statement of our importance to them and where we can, we should try to say thanks.

By the way. There are still more surprises to come.
+Quote Post
black73
post Sep 19 2014, 04:36 PM
Post #448

Member No.: 3,801

QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Sep 19 2014, 03:41 PM) *

What Mike said about a car wash (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
If you two are coming in from the south via Chattanooga, you will probably not go as far as Knoxville but will drive thru Maryville. Plenty of places there to stock up for the weekend (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
I am not sure if they sell beer/liquor in Townsend (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) Anyone from last year remember?

I think the nearest liquor is Maryville, about 15 miles away, IIRC. Beer available in grocery store near the hotel. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Sep 19 2014, 09:46 PM
Post #449

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

Tore the dash apart on Monday to fix the gas gauge and volt meter. Good thing to have a working gas gauge for a long trip.

Tonight after work I dropped the trans and changed the throwout bearing. It was making noise that I didn't want to listen to for 900 miles... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

Tomorrow I have to finish hooking everything back up and fix the oil cooler bracket.

Oh.. and fix a tire that had a screw in it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

Like my better half, I am really looking forward to this trip.

+Quote Post
Johny Blackstain
post Sep 20 2014, 03:22 PM
Post #450

Walnut Elite Stratocaster player

Member No.: 7,318
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Packing up & bleeding my brakes (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Sep 20 2014, 05:03 PM
Post #451

Advanced Member

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Sep 19 2014, 07:46 PM) *

Tore the dash apart on Monday to fix the gas gauge and volt meter. Good thing to have a working gas gauge for a long trip.

Tonight after work I dropped the trans and changed the throwout bearing. It was making noise that I didn't want to listen to for 900 miles... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

Tomorrow I have to finish hooking everything back up and fix the oil cooler bracket.

Oh.. and fix a tire that had a screw in it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

Clay I am going to drop my car off at your house for a few weeks so you can fix a few things that are bugging me.

Looking forward to meeting you guys.
+Quote Post
naro914
post Sep 20 2014, 07:23 PM
Post #452

Losing my mind...

Member No.: 6,073

Huey has had a busy month - Rennfest, Dragon Hill Climb and just got back from the local autocross (I won our class, Nadine 3rd)...now getting ready for Okteenerfest. gotta modify the oil tank breather catch can - seems to either be filling up or spitting oil uncontrolably all over the engine..hmmmm..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Few other minor things to do - figure out why he's idling so high sometimes, put street wheels/tires back on, and he will be ready! Think I'll leave the Glaspak mufflers on that we put on for the hillclimb..louder but sounds awesome!!

Gotta make trophies, do registration packets, then we'll be set!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone next weekend!
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Sep 20 2014, 08:04 PM
Post #453

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106

So many thing to do but so little time!
today-
1. New spark plugs

2. Fixed flapper box and tube screw came out and was vibrating on the engine mount bar.
3. Connected c heater flapper boxes.
4. New spark plugs installed
5. New thermostat and wire installed.
6. Oil change-valvoline vr-1 racing oil
7.fine tuning mps, idle etc

4 days left to :
Pack, install j-west driving light/fog light converter, paint wheels,
replace carbon in carbon filter
then (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
g
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Sep 21 2014, 07:32 AM
Post #454

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Sep 20 2014, 06:03 PM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Sep 19 2014, 07:46 PM) *

Clay I am going to drop my car off at your house for a few weeks so you can fix a few things that are bugging me.

Looking forward to meeting you guys.

It is a long way in the wrong direction.

I got the trans hooked back up. Broke a weld on the exhaust, so I had to reweld it. Spent some time adjusting the shift linkage, now it shifts really well. Today I have to tweak the mixture on my car and straighten the steering wheel. I have to look for an oil leak on Betty's car that just developed.

See y'all on Thursday!

+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Sep 21 2014, 05:15 PM
Post #455

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Sep 18 2014, 03:13 PM) *

Ok time for one of those surprises! All of us know how fanatic our friend Chris Foley is about making quality parts for our cars. Tangerine Racing has already provided some really nice items for Okteenerfest. But that was not enough for a guy like Chris. Tangerine Racing has developed a simple and superbly engineered replacement for the the dreaded engine push tubes.

Anyone who has ever pulled a Type 4 head has struggled with the removal and installation of these rather flimsy tubes. Even after installing with great care you can have leaks. I think that is likely to be a thing of the past.

Chris is sending a set for everyone to see and is providing gift certificates for a sizable discount on the purchase of these. Pretty sure that there are a number of people (besides me) that would love to have a set of these.

Stay tuned. There may yet be more to come!

Ok Chris has come through with 2 gift certificates for $75 off a purchase of these bad boys and is offering the set he is sending at a pretty good discount for some lucky person that decides to buy at Okteenerfest.

Attached Image
+Quote Post
worn
post Sep 21 2014, 07:03 PM
Post #456

can't remember

Member No.: 13,152
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Sep 21 2014, 03:15 PM) *

QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Sep 18 2014, 03:13 PM) *

Ok time for one of those surprises! All of us know how fanatic our friend Chris Foley is about making quality parts for our cars. Tangerine Racing has already provided some really nice items for Okteenerfest. But that was not enough for a guy like Chris. Tangerine Racing has developed a simple and superbly engineered replacement for the the dreaded engine push tubes.

Anyone who has ever pulled a Type 4 head has struggled with the removal and installation of these rather flimsy tubes. Even after installing with great care you can have leaks. I think that is likely to be a thing of the past.

Chris is sending a set for everyone to see and is providing gift certificates for a sizable discount on the purchase of these. Pretty sure that there are a number of people (besides me) that would love to have a set of these.

Stay tuned. There may yet be more to come!

Ok Chris has come through with 2 gift certificates for $75 off a purchase of these bad boys and is offering the set he is sending at a pretty good discount for some lucky person that decides to buy at Okteenerfest.

Attached Image

Which is not to mention all of the other things that Chris has done to support us! I wouldn't be driving a teener at all if it weren't for some of his original creative and high quality stuff. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) thanks Chris.
+Quote Post
tumamilhem
post Sep 21 2014, 10:51 PM
Post #457

LUFTBRIGADE

Member No.: 15,092

QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Sep 20 2014, 05:22 PM) *

Packing up & bleeding my brakes (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

That's a damn good looking Creamer! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
tumamilhem
post Sep 22 2014, 08:23 AM
Post #458

LUFTBRIGADE

Member No.: 15,092

Magnus Walker is going to be at a big vintage car show here in Jacksonville this weekend. I guess I'm going to miss him too. Last time we hung out he called me "Creamsicle" all day. He wants to buy a 914-6 GT.
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Sep 23 2014, 07:10 AM
Post #459

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106

amazing how different it is planning a trip like this with the 914 than if i were just jumping in the DD and taking a 5 hour trip just fill it up with gas and go!!, but not with a 914 - I feel like i am planning an across country trip (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) i'll be lucky if i can fit a small suit case in the car (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
+Quote Post
Johny Blackstain
post Sep 23 2014, 07:15 AM
Post #460

Walnut Elite Stratocaster player

Member No.: 7,318
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(Philip W. @ Sep 23 2014, 09:10 AM) *

amazing how different it is planning a trip like this with the 914 than if i were just jumping in the DD and taking a 5 hour trip just fill it up with gas and go!!, but not with a 914 - I feel like i am planning an across country trip (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) i'll be lucky if i can fit a small suit case in the car (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Lol, I know the feeling, WELL. I managed to get a lawn chair in the back trunk yesterday. Had to wrap it in towels so it doesn't scratch anything (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) . Parts in the front trunk, parts & chair in the back trunk & putting my stuff in a duffle bag on the passenger seat (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) Wish I was driving my six instead, the LE is used to being a paper weight.
+Quote Post

27 Pages V « < 21 22 23 24 25 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:40 AM