Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

27 Pages V « < 24 25 26 27 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OKTEENERFEST 2014 - 914 Gathering and Can Am Reunion, 50+ 914s invading Townsend and the Smokies!
Mblizzard
post Sep 28 2014, 01:36 PM
Post #501

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,438
Region Association: South East States

Thanks to everyone that came! The weekend was great but a complete blurr as I did not take or post a single picture.

Ready for next year!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
poorsche914
post Sep 28 2014, 02:14 PM
Post #502

T4 Supercharged

Member No.: 10,419

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

The car show was a blur. After taking pics of the cars coming in (see the live uploade thread), I then took one shot of each car showing the plaquard so I knew which car belonged to whom. By then it was time to set up for the group shot.

I REALLY wanted to see the Renegade conversion with Boxster 6-speed (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
naro914
post Sep 28 2014, 02:35 PM
Post #503

Losing my mind...

Member No.: 6,073

Just got home. THANK YOU everyone that attended!! What a great group of wonderful people!!! I agree with Steve and Mike, the entire weekend was a blur!! But we had a great time seeing old friends and making new ones!

Thanks to Steve for having the vision to come up with this idea and creating something long overdue here in the Southeast!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Planning for 2015 has begun. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
57lincolnman
post Sep 28 2014, 02:36 PM
Post #504

Member No.: 12,175
Region Association: Southern California

Couldn't stay for the awards banquet. Is there a list of who received awards?
+Quote Post
naro914
post Sep 28 2014, 02:42 PM
Post #505

Losing my mind...

Yes, I will post when I get to my computer....no guarantees that will happen today. Couch is feeling real good right now (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
57lincolnman
post Sep 28 2014, 03:22 PM
Post #506

Member No.: 12,175
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(naro914 @ Sep 28 2014, 12:42 PM) *

Yes, I will post when I get to my computer....no guarantees that will happen today. Couch is feeling real good right now (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

...And well deserved! Thanks to everyone that put this event together. It was a blast and well organized. Will sign up earlier next year to make sure we get that big tent again. Probably will need a larger one for sure next year.
+Quote Post
JFJ914
post Sep 28 2014, 04:08 PM
Post #507

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 814

Ditto to what everyone has said, wonderful event! Great organization, fantastic drive, great banquet.

Thanks again to Steve, Bob, Nadine and Mike and everyone else that had a hand in it.
+Quote Post
Johny Blackstain
post Sep 28 2014, 04:26 PM
Post #508

Walnut Elite Stratocaster player

Member No.: 7,318
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Traffic from Townsend to I-40 was absolute hell- half hour drive took over an hour & a half, however I made it fine & Knikki is back where she belongs (her garage) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Aside from having my posterior handed to me in the car show, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) , I had a fantastic time & met some very cool people & their teeners. Thanks to everyone & I look forward to attending again next year. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)
+Quote Post
poorsche914
post Sep 28 2014, 04:35 PM
Post #509

T4 Supercharged

Thanks for bringing Knikki to the event. It was interesting to find out she and my 914 were built the same day with only ten cars between them. And with the same interior color, nearly twins.

Enjoyed meeting you, Al. Looking forward to next year and seeing your six!

+Quote Post
Johny Blackstain
post Sep 28 2014, 04:49 PM
Post #510

Walnut Elite Stratocaster player

Member No.: 7,318
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Sep 28 2014, 06:35 PM) *

Thanks for bringing Knikki to the event. It was interesting to find out she and my 914 were built the same day with only ten cars between them. And with the same interior color, nearly twins.

Enjoyed meeting you, Al. Looking forward to next year and seeing your six!

Soon Steve, soon. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I know what that conversation was about right before I left & I hope you can get something going w/ a great paint job. Remember to save some money & do the rims yourself. Thanks again to you, Bob, Nadine, Mike & anyone else I might have missed. It was a wicked cool time (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Now to figure out how the hell to transfer what few pics I took w/ my phone to my PC (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hissyfit.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)
+Quote Post
gasman
post Sep 28 2014, 05:17 PM
Post #511

Member No.: 8,602

The Creamsicle was "Born Again" on the way home.......

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
worn
post Sep 28 2014, 07:24 PM
Post #512

can't remember

Member No.: 13,152
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Sep 28 2014, 11:35 AM) *

Thanks to everyone that came! The weekend was great but a complete blurr as I did not take or post a single picture.

Ready for next year!

Donna and I just got back. Two thousand miles and four roll starts later. Donna got a certain sense of insecurity re the getting home aspect of the trip but things went pretty well all and all. The event was perfectly planned and I couldn't ask for nicer people. Hey - we didn't win anything yesterday while running for home did we? Perfect event either way.
+Quote Post
03blueboo
post Sep 28 2014, 08:03 PM
Post #513

Member No.: 16,108

What a great weekend! Thanks to everyone that helped me out, I learned a lot. I'm looking forward to next year!
+Quote Post
poorsche914
post Sep 28 2014, 08:08 PM
Post #514

T4 Supercharged

QUOTE(worn @ Sep 28 2014, 09:24 PM) *
Donna and I just got back. Two thousand miles and four roll starts later. Donna got a certain sense of insecurity re the getting home aspect of the trip but things went pretty well all and all. The event was perfectly planned and I couldn't ask for nicer people. Hey - we didn't win anything yesterday while running for home did we? Perfect event either way.

Glad to hear you guys made it home safely. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
As for did you win anything, refer to your avatar... "can't remember" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

+Quote Post
worn
post Sep 28 2014, 09:11 PM
Post #515

can't remember

Member No.: 13,152
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Sep 28 2014, 06:08 PM) *

QUOTE(worn @ Sep 28 2014, 09:24 PM) *

Glad to hear you guys made it home safely. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
As for did you win anything, refer to your avatar... "can't remember" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Donna got a bit tired of the roll starts that seemed to be completely sporadic. Two voltage regulators from hell. One that seemed to like charging towards say eleven. The spare was more gung no boiling batteries at say sixteen volts. Ok, now we haul out the whole parts collection and get it right. Would a bar b que chicken jog the memory cells? Schaan or Heideman. Perhaps something I actually want?
You guys put up a heck of a show. Wish I coulda seen the banquet!
+Quote Post
post Sep 29 2014, 09:25 AM
Post #516

Hummmm!!!

Member No.: 9,028

Thank You.. 914rubber, Mark, and AP Girl, Carrie, and Eurohaus MotorSports for ALL the Kits both Rubber and Nuts/Bolts and T-Shirts that everyone got to take home! HUGE THX to Bruce Stone, cluster rebuild, and Jeff Bowelsby, Inter.Relay/GC, for my Banquet Raffle Swag!! And I can not leave out the Pirelli distributor for the Golf Shirt/Cap that I won at Friday's dinner random drawing! Oh, 1 more shout out to Hot Rod Barn in Knoxville to get me back driving on Friday after my Unilite Module crapped out!!

Thank You to the hard working people that put this great event together: Steve, Mike, Bob and Nadine and ALL the people that work behind the scenes to keep those mentioned energized to pull it ALL together!!

It was great seeing all those I know and also making new friends and putting faces with alias. See ya next year!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
naro914
post Sep 29 2014, 09:35 AM
Post #517

Losing my mind...

Warren
Actually, you won the Lowest VIN trophy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
I will ship it out to you this week. I will also post all the trophy winners when I get a chance.
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Sep 29 2014, 01:56 PM
Post #518

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

999.5 miles from the parking lot of the Tally Ho Inn to my parking space inside our garage. With the driving on the dragon, we probably put 2500 miles on both Frody and Igor. Somewhere on the Saturday afternoon drive on the dragon, Frody (Betty's car) turned over 6666.6 miles. She was a bit busy to take a picture.

Thanks to all of the people responsible for this. It was a really well done event.

We are looking forward to next year!
+Quote Post
Betty
post Sep 29 2014, 05:48 PM
Post #519

Driver

Member No.: 3,255

I knew the odometer was going to flip over to "66,666.6" (it's actually 366,666.6 but the odometer doesn't have a digit for 'hundreds of thousands') at some point on this trip and the plan was to take a picture of it when it did.

It happened when Clay and I had taken off to run the Tail of the Dragon again on our own Saturday afternoon. Two sets of three sixes - on my second run of the Dragon during the weekend. It just seems very appropriate! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Umm... yeah... you could definitely say I was a little too busy at the time to take that picture! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
+Quote Post
Betty
post Sep 29 2014, 06:12 PM
Post #520

Driver

Member No.: 3,255

Bob Saville, Nadine Saville, Steve Schleif, Mike Blizzard, and everybody else who helped - YOU guys are the stars of this whole event. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)

Clay and I know what it takes to pull one of these off and this one was done with class; with grace; in a spectacular fashion; and everybody seemed to have a great time. I didn't hear one complaint from a single person - and that is equivalent to pulling a hat out of a rabbit!

Well... I have to modify that last statement a bit. The only complaints I heard were from people that didn't win one of the FANTASTIC prizes. Holy cow.... the sponsors were incredible - their products were drooled over and coveted by everybody. I already have a shopping list started and Christmas is coming up! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

This 914 event ROCKED! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
+Quote Post

27 Pages V « < 24 25 26 27 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 09:03 PM