Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V « < 9 10 11  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sun visor rebuild group buy need to do 20 sets, with mirror installed from $104 +shipping CLOSING 4/13
napasteve
post Aug 19 2014, 02:17 PM
Post #201

914 driving winemaker

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,327
Region Association: Northern California

According to FedEx, Mark received my cores and check on 7/30. Mark replied to a PM from me that day. No reply to my 8/8 PM or my email yesterday. Mark on Vacation??
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Aug 20 2014, 07:34 AM
Post #202

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348
Region Association: None

Thanks Guys,
Yes I get it. The GB has drawn out longer than I'd like, but I have kept the door open so that means these are not the only things going. I'm not personally sewing these myself, but have to rely on my assistants and guys I have doing the work. They get busy too, and I have to be poking them to make sure they are keeping things moving.

My situation at the airline I've been working for has changed. I took a captain upgrade, this meant that I was in training for 4 months, and I'm now based in Medford on call. This has taken a lot of the flexibility out of my schedule. My assistant Blake has stepped up, and the day to day shipping and anything that processed through the site gets out quickly.

The GB for the visors has not been completely seamless. We double shipped Mike Blizzard (thanks for your honesty) and shorted JStroud (who will be receiving his second set in the next few days). Just switched a label. I do have another 6 sets that will be in by the time I get back tomorrow morning.

Yes, I have been more difficult to reach. My only other option was to fold the business or sell it. I didn't want to do that. Things are getting more back to normal, and I do have a few other projects that will be ready in a few weeks, but it has slowed down my momentum.

The good news is I was have much deeper pockets for tooling. I do have a few items that I've been wanting to do that we can all use, it had just been a matter of cash flow.

To all I appreciate your patience, the opportunity presented at the day job was something I had to do, I only had 2 weeks notice, so putting a transition plan in place was a little crazy, but it is working. I will be changing the contact info to allow you all to contact Blake directly, and I will still be available for help, but I may not have access to your tracking number or order status at any given moment. I can get you the info, but it may take a day or so. I would like to spend more time here but a reply off a thread may take awhile. The contact info will be switched over later today for better service.

By the way, yours is one of the 6, that will ship tomorrow. Cuda11, yours should be in the sets to go out also.

The rest should be wrapped up in the next 2 weeks (except the 2 sets that are inbound).

-Mark
-mark
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
Cuda911
post Aug 23 2014, 03:10 PM
Post #203

Member No.: 17,376
Region Association: Southern California

My visors showed up... worth the wait, very pleased with them!!

(Mark... one super minor issue... posting here for others so that they can easily fix.... The people assembling the re-covered visors are using screws that they manually cut down from longer screws. These wont work, since they don't thread into the rear hole on the clips. So, it's impossible to tighten them onto the visor support posts.

I saved my original screws, and that works perfectly. Minor, I know, but just wanted to let people know to save their original visor screws.

Anyway, they look great, Mark....thanks!!!!!

Here's some pix:

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
Elliot Cannon
post Aug 23 2014, 06:56 PM
Post #204

914 Guru

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 7,407

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) Congratulations!! So... Do we have to call you Captain Mike now? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)
+Quote Post
dudzy's914
post Aug 23 2014, 07:12 PM
Post #205

The youngin'

Member No.: 16,784
Region Association: North East States

Still waiting for mine...
+Quote Post
Steve
post Aug 23 2014, 09:02 PM
Post #206

914 Guru

Member No.: 822

Did the price go up $76.00? I noticed that your web site says $180.00 now for vinyl.
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Aug 24 2014, 11:54 PM
Post #207

The rubber man

The price was never $76, I had these on the site as a special GB, so from here on out yes I can do them, but they are no longer effectively large enough of a group to be a GB. Hold off unless you really need them, if we get another 20 together I can do a GB again, but I have to stop the trickle somewhere are the economy of scale is not there.
-Mark
+Quote Post
Steve
post Aug 25 2014, 11:39 AM
Post #208

914 Guru

Member No.: 822

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 24 2014, 10:54 PM) *

The price was never $76, I had these on the site as a special GB, so from here on out yes I can do them, but they are no longer effectively large enough of a group to be a GB. Hold off unless you really need them, if we get another 20 together I can do a GB again, but I have to stop the trickle somewhere are the economy of scale is not there.
-Mark

Thanks Mark!!

I meant that they went up in price $76.00 to $180.00 on your web site, compared to the $104.00 group buy.
I will wait for the next group buy. My stock ones are in pretty good shape.
+Quote Post
napasteve
post Aug 27 2014, 08:43 PM
Post #209

914 driving winemaker

Mark, I have PM'ed you, emailed you, sent you the FedEx tracking info on my cores/check and left a msg on your answering machine. I still have not heard back from you to confirm you received my cores and check and have no evidence that I should expect some nice naked sunvisors. I understand you are busy but I'd really appreciate some communication. thanks, Steve
+Quote Post
JStroud
post Aug 27 2014, 08:45 PM
Post #210

Member No.: 12,594

Still haven't received my second set
+Quote Post
JmuRiz
post Aug 28 2014, 08:01 AM
Post #211

914 Guru

Member No.: 50
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 24 2014, 09:54 PM) *

-Mark

Yep, I've been waiting for the next time you do a group buy. They look great and would go perfectly with a stitched leather or vinyl dash!!! maybe I'll have to get one of those too.
+Quote Post
Jett
post Aug 28 2014, 09:42 AM
Post #212

Member No.: 17,686
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I would live two sets when available.

Thanks
+Quote Post
napasteve
post Aug 30 2014, 06:04 AM
Post #213

914 driving winemaker

Got my naked visors yesterday and they are great. Thanks Mark.
+Quote Post
JStroud
post Sep 4 2014, 10:25 PM
Post #214

That's sure is a long couple of days 15 days since that was posted and......................................STILL have not received my second set.

Only been waiting since May when the first set arrived without the second set that were sent in together, but hey what's four months and three delivery promises, we're all friends, right (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stromberg.gif)
+Quote Post
orthobiz
post Sep 5 2014, 04:38 AM
Post #215

Member No.: 7,438
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(JStroud @ Sep 5 2014, 12:25 AM) *

That's sure is a long couple of days 15 days since that was posted and......................................STILL have not received my second set.

Only been waiting since May when the first set arrived without the second set that were sent in together, but hey what's four months and three delivery promises, we're all friends, right (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stromberg.gif)

Frustrating to say the least! I ordered a set a few months ago, without mirror and pockets, and when the first mailing went out I received TWO sets WITH mirrors and pockets. Contacted Mark and sent the extra set back.

I have ordered several items from Mikey914 and have always been happy.
He makes stuff that no one else has bothered to even try to make.
He is singlehandedly keeping our cars going!

BUT

He has a daytime job.
He does this as a side line.
He ALWAYS offers a group buy AND runs his website with regular inventory as well.

I have a daytime job and have been having a lot of fun selling just a few parts on the forum here this year. But I have no idea how Mark holds it together: taking orders, getting them in the mail, figuring out who has the group price and the regular price, blahblahblah. And tracking people in the various group buy threads here, the group buy area of his regular website and the regular area of his regular website. Daunting to say the least!

I can appreciate the frustration, it's not fair if you pay for something and it doesn't arrive as promised or scheduled. If you PM me I can send you the phone number for Mark. I have the number because I once ordered something, he had a question and he personally called me back.

Paul
+Quote Post
JStroud
post Sep 5 2014, 08:47 AM
Post #216

Thanks Paul, I don't need his phone #, just frustrated, and posted to let him know I still haven't received them.

Edit: received my visors today. And I appreciate you checking with me Mark.
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Sep 7 2014, 09:00 AM
Post #217

The rubber man

PM'd phone number
+Quote Post
dudzy's914
post Sep 9 2014, 06:17 PM
Post #218

The youngin'

Member No.: 16,784
Region Association: North East States

Happy customer! Didn't mind the wait, I was in no rush. It was certainly worth the wait. Great work Mike! Can't wait to see them on the car!

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

11 Pages V « < 9 10 11
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:55 PM