Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wtb: renegade v8 radiator setup
boxstr
post Mar 18 2014, 09:34 PM
Post #1

MEMBER:PACIFIC NORTHWEST REGION

Group: Members
Member No.: 12
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Looking for the v8 renegade hybrids Ron davis radiator and anything that goes with it.
Thanks
Craig at CAMP
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
2mAn
post Apr 14 2014, 03:09 PM
Post #2

trying to see how long I can go without a 914

Member No.: 16,644
Region Association: Southern California

JRust might still have what you are looking for (if you're still looking)
+Quote Post
JRust
post Apr 14 2014, 09:17 PM
Post #3

914 Guru

Member No.: 129

QUOTE(2mAn @ Apr 14 2014, 02:09 PM) *

Only one I have is in a car at the moment. Sorry
+Quote Post
boxstr
post Apr 15 2014, 08:45 AM
Post #4

MEMBER:PACIFIC NORTHWEST REGION

Member No.: 12

Thank you Jamie, purchased the new setup from Renegade.
Craig at CAMP
+Quote Post
2mAn
post Apr 15 2014, 11:18 AM
Post #5

trying to see how long I can go without a 914

Member No.: 16,644
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 14 2014, 08:17 PM) *

QUOTE(2mAn @ Apr 14 2014, 02:09 PM) *

Only one I have is in a car at the moment. Sorry

I guess I misunderstood. Ive been watching the LS1 ad you've had, and thought I saw something about the radiator also.
+Quote Post
jmmotorsports
post Apr 16 2014, 07:13 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 6,658

craig, look on pelican parts engine conversion forum there is a couple guys selling radiators on there good prices too

jerry
+Quote Post
chads74
post Apr 16 2014, 08:33 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 14,252
Region Association: South East States

I know this is random, but is any one else having problems with the renegade radiator leaking?
+Quote Post
HalfMoon
post Apr 16 2014, 09:19 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 15,144
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(chads74 @ Apr 16 2014, 10:33 AM) *

I know this is random, but is any one else having problems with the renegade radiator leaking?

I have ALOT to say about that problem and it isn't good, nor can I say my experience with Renegade in solving the issue has been satisfactory either.
I bought a Renegade conversion from a guy in WA and within a hundred miles of driving it, the radiator failed. I had it shipped from the east coast to Renegade ($100 bux) as they said they could repair it. NOT.
They agreed to "build" me a new one (about $600) but the one they sent me was the WRONG size and didn't even come with the fan shroud. I spoke directly with thier radiator sub-contractor and he said they never sent him the radiator so they just sent me a standard radiator off the shelf. After much calling (I did manage to get a fan shroud included) I eventually just sucked it up thinking the size disparity wouldn't be that much of an issue when it came time to install. WRONG! All my radiator cowling from the first radiator won't work and so now I get to have the fun of making a new cowl which I can assure you is an enormous pain in the ass. My old radiator was mounted vertical, this one will need to have a serious angle in it's mounting.
Obviously my radiator wasn't "custom built" and I was sold one "off the shelf" (took six weeks I might add).
Oh, and in case you question if the vendor merely "assumed" the radiator was the current standard size they are making, I did in fact make him aware of the exact dimensions of my radiator in emails (not to mention he had it in his possession as I shipped it to him).
My lesson learned?
1. Use local vendors whenever possible for items that might be very expensive to return if they are flawed.
Or
2. When local can't be used, have vendor agree in writing that return shipping is thier expense if items are wrong or flawed.
+Quote Post
chads74
post Apr 16 2014, 12:29 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 14,252

QUOTE(HalfMoon @ Apr 16 2014, 07:19 AM) *

QUOTE(chads74 @ Apr 16 2014, 10:33 AM) *

I have ALOT to say about that problem and it isn't good, nor can I say my experience with Renegade in solving the issue has been satisfactory either.
I bought a Renegade conversion from a guy in WA and within a hundred miles of driving it, the radiator failed. I had it shipped from the east coast to Renegade ($100 bux) as they said they could repair it. NOT.
They agreed to "build" me a new one (about $600) but the one they sent me was the WRONG size and didn't even come with the fan shroud. I spoke directly with thier radiator sub-contractor and he said they never sent him the radiator so they just sent me a standard radiator off the shelf. After much calling (I did manage to get a fan shroud included) I eventually just sucked it up thinking the size disparity wouldn't be that much of an issue when it came time to install. WRONG! All my radiator cowling from the first radiator won't work and so now I get to have the fun of making a new cowl which I can assure you is an enormous pain in the ass. My old radiator was mounted vertical, this one will need to have a serious angle in it's mounting.
Obviously my radiator wasn't "custom built" and I was sold one "off the shelf" (took six weeks I might add).
Oh, and in case you question if the vendor merely "assumed" the radiator was the current standard size they are making, I did in fact make him aware of the exact dimensions of my radiator in emails (not to mention he had it in his possession as I shipped it to him).
My lesson learned?
1. Use local vendors whenever possible for items that might be very expensive to return if they are flawed.
Or
2. When local can't be used, have vendor agree in writing that return shipping is thier expense if items are wrong or flawed.

Makes my story not seem all that bad. I had mine installed for about 500 miles then noticed a small leak, which became much bigger very quickly. When I called Renegade and told them what was going on he didn't even offer a solution or help, just take it to a local shop and let them see if they could repair it.

At this point I am thinking, you just sold me an expensive radiator and not willing to stand behind it what so ever. At least now I know to not call him when I need other parts.

Sorry for the post high jack!
+Quote Post
bulitt
post Apr 16 2014, 02:05 PM
Post #10

Achtzylinder

Member No.: 13,632

Several threads on Radiators.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=132273&hl=

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...iator&st=20

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=need++radiator

Source for fans-

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/12-universal-radia...#ht_6353wt_1139

Hose adapters-

http://www.jagsthatrun.com/Pages/Parts_Coo...seSplicers.html

Git er done!

+Quote Post
v82go
post Apr 16 2014, 02:39 PM
Post #11

Resident Contrarian

Member No.: 3,250

I have used Howe radiators on all 3 of my conversions (one monster miata, 2 914's)
I have not had any issues with them. They are nice to deal with and will build you any size or style aluminum radiator you want.
+Quote Post
HalfMoon
post Apr 16 2014, 02:39 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 15,144

QUOTE(bulitt @ Apr 16 2014, 04:05 PM) *

Excellant resources Dood!
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)
+Quote Post
aerokurt
post Apr 18 2014, 07:47 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 16,832

QUOTE(boxstr @ Mar 18 2014, 11:34 PM) *

Looking for the v8 renegade hybrids Ron davis radiator and anything that goes with it.
Thanks
Craig at CAMP

Hi,
I believe that I have that - a brand new one, with the twin fan set up. All new, never installed, a few years old = mint.
It is in California.
I am in Hershey, will be back next week.
+Quote Post
partwerks
post Feb 14 2015, 01:18 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 6,787

QUOTE(chads74 @ Apr 16 2014, 06:33 AM) *

I went through 3 of them, and got tired of it, and made my own frame work. Didn't have any problems after that.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:32 AM