Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> This ain't gonna happen by its self, Can we get a little input
JStroud
post Mar 23 2014, 10:37 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,594
Region Association: Northern California

Not sure why things are taking so long to get finalized, ideas get posted.....no one comments. Is there anyone really committed to getting this done, or do we just check the progress and move on.

We need to make decisions, things need to be followed up on or this ain't going to happen.

Seems like most of this should have been done by now, so is it just me left with Rob and Brett checking in....a committee of one doesn't work, so if no one else starts pitching in...I'm done, I've got better things to do than try to steer a sinking ship.

Jeff
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
sgetsiv
post Mar 23 2014, 10:51 AM
Post #2

Former 914 Owner :(

Member No.: 9,192
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I think we need a master to do list - and if someone has already volunteered to do something, get their name on that item.

Personally, I don't know the area well but would be happy to try and arrange the Saturday dinner. Just need an estimate for head count.

T-shirts seem like a fairly time sensitive item. I've got some graphic artist friends here in Portland if we don't have anyone else to handle. What's the budget, total number of shirts we need to order and approximate size mix? I assume we don't wait until everyone has signed up to order the shirts...

Don't know the roads so someone else should plan the drives.
+Quote Post
larryM
post Mar 23 2014, 12:06 PM
Post #3

emoze

Member No.: 65

1. DRIVES -

see this link Tahoe drives etc - i posted other tour possibles on the friday forum

Tahoe caravan tour ?? - see this link Tahoe Driving tour (I have that CD set & could lend it)

2. Guys - Gals - or both ????????????

who is attending? - the demographics have a lot to do with planning anything

3. experienced past WCR input is needed - you guys know what worked before

independent &/or optional activities ? (such as poker runs, rallye, etc)

- or is any organized group activity or drive desired beyond a Saturday show-&-shine ?

- what time of the day do things get started, & end

4. local showroom entertainment is sparse that weekend - Improv at Harvey's is about it

5. Planning for poker runs or rallye requires a "local" person to pre-drive it all and set up the "stations"

- I set up a couple rallies years ago, but have no experience with poker runs nor current rallye or gimmick-rally setups - (AND - i go for surgery Tuesday & dunno when i might be again up to long drives to help with this - i live about 70 miles from Tahoe)

6. competing or complementary events on the 18th are SVR AX in Stockton, and the British show in Dixon

and, in terms of folks planning any big Porsche related vacation - Parade is June 15

p.s. - my only WCR experience is the the 2002 Reno event, which i tho't went well
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Mar 23 2014, 05:13 PM
Post #4

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380

Thursday - Arrive and check in. Parking lot BS (should have at least two restaurant deck heaters set up and ready for the temperature dive).
Friday - Drive to Reno down Mt. Rose Hwy. I will lead this. Arrive at Need 2 Speed and do the 914World.Com Go-Kart Challenge Race. Winner gets an Award. Need 2 Speed wants to do a parking lot photo op to put on their wall. Then, drive back up the North side through Truckee and around the West Side of the Lake incorporating a Poker Run into this. (I have never done a poker run so someone else can figure this out)
BBQ and beer in the lot to end the evening.
Saturday - Show and Shine in the morning. Best Six/Conversion, Best Narrow body, Best Flared Car, People's Choice, Work in Progress, Rat Rod...
Lake Drive around noon with group photo... Maybe the Targa Tahoe Drive? (longer, probably close to 100 miles through some epic Sierra Roads. Also used for the famous Markleeville Death Ride, a bike event with 7000' in elevation changes and many many curves.
Saturday evening more parking lot BS
Sunday - Check out and go the heck home
+Quote Post
JStroud
post Mar 24 2014, 11:23 AM
Post #5

QUOTE(sgetsiv @ Mar 23 2014, 09:51 AM) *

I think we need a master to do list - and if someone has already volunteered to do something, get their name on that item.

Personally, I don't know the area well but would be happy to try and arrange the Saturday dinner. Just need an estimate for head count.

T-shirts seem like a fairly time sensitive item. I've got some graphic artist friends here in Portland if we don't have anyone else to handle. What's the budget, total number of shirts we need to order and approximate size mix? I assume we don't wait until everyone has signed up to order the shirts...

Don't know the roads so someone else should plan the drives.

Steve, we do have a master list, the thread the final decisions is a mock up of the schedule, that is updated as decisions are made, also each day has a thread to organize its activities, they all show what still needs to be decided on.

Rob might be better to say, but I would guess 20 - 30 for the saturday dinner.

Not sure on the T-shirts, Rob and Brett have more experience, I was just working on getting the design worked out then price the shirts for cost purposes, then I was going to ask Rob whats next.
+Quote Post
JStroud
post Mar 24 2014, 11:37 AM
Post #6

QUOTE(larryM @ Mar 23 2014, 11:06 AM) *

1. DRIVES -

see this link Tahoe drives etc - i posted other tour possibles on the friday forum

Tahoe caravan tour ?? - see this link Tahoe Driving tour (I have that CD set & could lend it)

2. Guys - Gals - or both ????????????

who is attending? - the demographics have a lot to do with planning anything

3. experienced past WCR input is needed - you guys know what worked before

independent &/or optional activities ? (such as poker runs, rallye, etc)

- or is any organized group activity or drive desired beyond a Saturday show-&-shine ?

- what time of the day do things get started, & end

4. local showroom entertainment is sparse that weekend - Improv at Harvey's is about it

5. Planning for poker runs or rallye requires a "local" person to pre-drive it all and set up the "stations"

- I set up a couple rallies years ago, but have no experience with poker runs nor current rallye or gimmick-rally setups - (AND - i go for surgery Tuesday & dunno when i might be again up to long drives to help with this - i live about 70 miles from Tahoe)

6. competing or complementary events on the 18th are SVR AX in Stockton, and the British show in Dixon

and, in terms of folks planning any big Porsche related vacation - Parade is June 15

p.s. - my only WCR experience is the the 2002 Reno event, which i tho't went well

1. Drives can be whatever the person planning it wants it to be, Scenic, winding, from point of interest to point of interest, poker run...whatever.

2. there will be girlfriends and wives, so a list of local attraction is always a good idea, maybe a flyer highlighting local activities...another thing to do.

3. Any activities are open, think of a good one add it to the discussion, typical are drives, tours, tech sessions, racing, drinking, eating...more drinking
Saturday needs a drive or activity beyond the morning car show.
Typically starts at 9:14am activities go one till late afternoon, evening BBQ in parking lot friday night, sit down awards/dinner saturday, beer bullshit in the parking lot each evening till......

4. ?

5. Yes, and thats why we haven't had got that set up, need someone close to take it on.

6. shouldn't affect us

Hope that helps, thanks for the input.
+Quote Post
biosurfer1
post Mar 25 2014, 11:18 AM
Post #7

Teener fo Life!

Member No.: 977

My stupid subscription is not working correctly so I have not been getting notified of new posts.

I already have the WCR email and paypal set up and ready to go. Once we know the price, I will start a thread on how to register and pay, then start a thread here to update with the total collected and how many are coming.

In the past, I really only need how many people are registering, what their t-shirt sizes are and it will give them a total.
+Quote Post
larryM
post Mar 26 2014, 11:10 AM
Post #8

emoze

Member No.: 65

here is another activity idea - "tech talks & test drives"

1. each attendee gives a 15 minute presentation about their car - with Q&A opportunity

2. followed by a session for all of us to test drive one another's cars

there is no other event where we could all get beyond "look" and find out how the cars & various mods actual "feel"

the talks could be one eve, and the drives the next day

- there is not any easy "loop" with a "speed" section near/around the hotel for this, but one could still get a feel for steering, torque, braking, shifting (often an Achilles heel) and general street behavior in traffic, etc

of course, at 6200 feet, carburetted cars might be a bit challenged. but that will illuminate the oft debated merits of various induction systems

. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)
+Quote Post
biosurfer1
post Mar 26 2014, 04:36 PM
Post #9

Teener fo Life!

Member No.: 977

QUOTE(larryM @ Mar 26 2014, 10:10 AM) *

carburetted cars might be a bit challenged.

Who you calling "challenged"? I prefer to refer to my car as "fuel injected alternatively life-styled" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:42 PM