Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> shaved harness not functioning
Mwood
post Mar 30 2014, 03:43 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,509
Region Association: Northern California

I have recently put the wiring harness back in my car after shaving the remaining engine section the PO left off of it. all thats left of it is lights, wipers and their corresponding switches and dashlights.

it is a mystery harness and a mystery car for the most part and I am new at wiring.

the issue I am having is when I apply power to the harness and measure the current at the fuses, I don't get current at the first four and the eighth.

I don't get any responses from the car. nothing on the dash lights up..
I wouldn't expect to have headlights or tail lights because i am testing with a wall wart plug and not a battery. I am mostly checking for dash lights.

could it be a relay issue? grounding issue?
it doesnt make sense to me why I get good power at several fuses and none at around 4 of them and ultimately nothing works.

its a vague question, but any input is helpful.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 1)
Mike Bellis
post Mar 30 2014, 03:48 PM
Post #2

Resident Electrician

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,496
Region Association: None

Are you turning the key on? First four are headlights and powered by the key via the hi/lo relay.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 03:13 PM