Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 1st real drive for my car, fun despite needing a slicker inside
muddboy
post Jan 10 2005, 09:29 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,085
Region Association: Southern California

Finaly after 4 months of messing around and waiting on the DMV, I drove my 914 today. It really ran great, and did ok. Other than the rain, it was great to get behind the wheel, its been two and a half years since the last time.

However I did notice what I need to work on now. And could use a little help:

I need to get a front turn signal lens, some(buddy) backed into and over the "love bump" (one of those parking lot idiots)

Found parts of the passenger headlight surround flying all over when I turned them on. Had a crack in it... but something caught it and "poped" the rest.

I need to get the front top seal, top to door glass seals, and targa to door glass seals (was kinda funny when going around corners and getting driped on my right leg)

Any help would be great (can come up with some funds/trades). What a time to get the car out and start driving it daly, some of the worst rain SoCal has had in a long time
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
skline
post Jan 10 2005, 10:30 PM
Post #2

Born to Drive

Member No.: 17

I may have the front lights for you. The only seal I have is the one for mine. You can find them out there for about $125 or so.
+Quote Post
muddboy
post Jan 31 2005, 10:11 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 3,085

Cool... 3 weeks now of driving it daily. Having a blast. I even got to drive around with the top off... got to see just how bad the seal is/was. Another week and I think I'll try to show up to some kind of get together (In- and- out)? Any way It may look like crap but after 11 years its been the most reliable car I've had.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 05:43 PM