Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 1973 first 1000 production units, Searching Info
dads73914
post Apr 1 2014, 07:42 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,514
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Attached Image (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) I am searching for any info on this group of 914's. My car is a 73, Vin#4732900480. I thought at one time there was a topic on this group and I seem to remember a list of current owners of this 914 grouping. Just wondering if anyone can help me learn more?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
dlkawashima
post Apr 2 2014, 12:39 AM
Post #2

914 Guru

Member No.: 12,234
Region Association: Northern California

Try these ...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=61696

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=40443

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=76948

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads/post-1695-1244919397.jpg)

+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Apr 2 2014, 08:11 PM
Post #3

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(dlkawashima @ Apr 1 2014, 10:39 PM) *

Thanx Dave,

My other laptop's HDD died with all my links gone, & when Sir Andy deleted everyone's topic subscriptions last year - between the two events I've lost all my bookmarks for this topic.

OP "dads73914" - The first topic's poster "orange914" in Dave's list above also did another 1 - 3 topics on this A-pillar vinyl subject as well, but I don't have them. Perhaps you can search using his name as poster to find the others.

Given your VIN ...480, yours probably had the vinyl A-pillars originally.

The Orange one in the pic Dave posted used to live near me & I knew the owner, but he's sold it on to someone else who may not be on here - dang it too, cuz it was a great mostly unmolested example within a 1000 0f mine! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

In fact, that Orange ...1102's Chassis Plate translates to a build a week & a half before mine ...1954 built 8/31/72 by Chassis # - but the VIN sticker on his is 9/72 & mine is 8/72 - go figure!!?? Perhaps mine was the one-day wonder fastest 914 ever built!!?? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Good luck with yours ... er maybe formerly your Dad's 914???

Cheers! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
+Quote Post
dlkawashima
post Apr 2 2014, 10:26 PM
Post #4

914 Guru

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Apr 2 2014, 07:11 PM) *

The Orange one in the pic Dave posted used to live near me & I knew the owner, but he's sold it on to someone else who may not be on here - dang it too, cuz it was a great mostly unmolested example within a 1000 0f mine!

The new owner of Orangina ..... halmil ..... lives up here in the SF Bay Area. The car is undergoing some winter upgrades: new dash and reupholstered seats. It should look great when it's all back together.
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Apr 2 2014, 11:19 PM
Post #5

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(dlkawashima @ Apr 2 2014, 08:26 PM) *

The Orange one in the pic Dave posted used to live near me & I knew the owner, but he's sold it on to someone else who may not be on here - dang it too, cuz it was a great mostly unmolested example within a 1000 0f mine!

The new owner of Orangina ..... halmil ..... lives up here in the SF Bay Area. The car is undergoing some winter upgrades: new dash and reupholstered seats. It should look great when it's all back together.

I may have to acquaint myself sometime when I get up there to get some more resto reference pix of ole "Orangina". (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
dads73914
post Apr 3 2014, 12:04 PM
Post #6

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Apr 3 2014, 12:19 AM) *

QUOTE(dlkawashima @ Apr 2 2014, 08:26 PM) *

I may have to acquaint myself sometime when I get up there to get some more resto reference pix of ole "Orangina". (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Hi Dave & Tom,
I am a new member of 914 World and am exercising my first attempts at posting and responding to posts. I am the current owner of 4732900480. I purchased it from Brad Mayeur of 914 LTD, Peoria, Illinois last year spring 2013. It too is a un-molested early 914. Only mod's I am aware of, antenna position, Porsche reflector rear, and Porsche crest front. Build date of 8/72, #2919577. I believe that puts it at late July, Monday, 77 unit that day? It has black trim and black door handles. I am having troubles posting pics but you can go to members vin's and see Brad's pic when he was advertising it. Do all pics have to be no larger than 125 X 125 pixels? Hopefully some pics to follow so I too can brag!!
+Quote Post
dlkawashima
post Apr 3 2014, 02:47 PM
Post #7

914 Guru

QUOTE(dads73914 @ Apr 3 2014, 11:04 AM) *

Hi Dave & Tom,
I am a new member of 914 World and am exercising my first attempts at posting and responding to posts. I am the current owner of 4732900480. I purchased it from Brad Mayeur of 914 LTD, Peoria, Illinois last year spring 2013. It too is a un-molested early 914. Only mod's I am aware of, antenna position, Porsche reflector rear, and Porsche crest front. Build date of 8/72, #2919577. I believe that puts it at late July, Monday, 77 unit that day? It has black trim and black door handles. I am having troubles posting pics but you can go to members vin's and see Brad's pic when he was advertising it. Do all pics have to be no larger than 125 X 125 pixels? Hopefully some pics to follow so I too can brag!!

Here you go. The car looks very nice ... love the vinyl on the A-pillars. The black trim all around is certainly unusual but I'm not enough of an expert to know if it left the factory that way. From an originality stand point, I would say the driver's side mirror is not original. Regarding the antenna, it was probably a dealer option, so it was up to the discretion of the installer which side of the car was used for the antenna. In any event it's a beautiful car, you are a lucky fellow to have found such a well preserved example of one of the first '73's to reach these shores! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads/blog-994-1353513793.jpg)
+Quote Post
Johny Blackstain
post Apr 3 2014, 02:55 PM
Post #8

Walnut Elite Stratocaster player

Member No.: 7,318
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(dlkawashima @ Apr 3 2014, 04:47 PM) *

Here you go. The car looks very nice ... love the vinyl on the A-pillars. The black trim all around is certainly unusual but I'm not enough of an expert to know if it left the factory that way. From an originality stand point, I would say the driver's side mirror is not original. Regarding the antenna, it was probably a dealer option, so it was up to the discretion of the installer which side of the car was used for the antenna. In any event it's a beautiful car, you are a lucky fellow to have found such a well preserved example of one of the first '73's to reach these shores! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

Most of the shiny stuff has been blacked out on the car- door handles, vent window pillar, sail trim, front windshield trim & even the actual windshield frame. None of it is original looking, but it looks damned good (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif) I want to do that to my six after I get her blasted & repainted.
+Quote Post
dads73914
post Apr 3 2014, 06:35 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Apr 3 2014, 03:55 PM) *

QUOTE(dlkawashima @ Apr 3 2014, 04:47 PM) *

Most of the shiny stuff has been blacked out on the car- door handles, vent window pillar, sail trim, front windshield trim & even the actual windshield frame. None of it is original looking, but it looks damned good (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif) I want to do that to my six after I get her blasted & repainted.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) I have been really enjoying the car and get lots of compliments! First car show next weekend "Classics & Chrome" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif) I think I read somewhere that the blacked out trim was a 6 option---not sure? Maybe someone out there knows for sure. My "COA" should be arriving within the next couple of weeks. Will be interested to see what it shows.
+Quote Post
914Sixer
post Apr 5 2014, 03:41 PM
Post #10

914 Guru

Member No.: 3,457
Region Association: Southwest Region

Blacked out chrome was never an option. I know that is THOUGHT the 1st 1000 73 914's came with the wrapped front windshield post but I do not remember if it was documented. Seems like Jeff Bowlsby was looking into that. I kind of goes along with the assumption that 1000 LE's were made but again the build dates and options do not always match up with the cars listed in the LE Registry.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:54 PM