Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WCR 2014 T Shirts are now on sale, Shirts have shipped.....
ConeDodger
post Apr 11 2014, 12:57 PM
Post #21

Apex killer!

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

Not really Jeff. First we have to have a clue how many people register for the event and what sizes they need, then we add the extra orders to that and pad it a bit in the popular sizes. Often, we don't pick up the t-shirts until the week of the event and once even on Thursday, the day the event starts.

We can't afford to just buy a bunch in random sizes and hope we picked right...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Apr 11 2014, 01:03 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15,438
Region Association: South East States

I guess that explains why mine has not arrived. Struggling with the idea of driving out there for this. But the old back and my wife says it is a bad idea. The wife says it would be expensive to tow the car all the way back home when it breaks down. Thought my mechanic skills deserved a little more respect than that?
+Quote Post
Rand
post Apr 11 2014, 01:07 PM
Post #23

Cross Member

Member No.: 3,573
Region Association: None

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 11 2014, 11:57 AM) *

Not really Jeff. First we have to have a clue how many people register for the event and what sizes they need, then we add the extra orders to that and pad it a bit in the popular sizes. Often, we don't pick up the t-shirts until the week of the event and once even on Thursday, the day the event starts.

Might be a good idea to state delivery date up front for those who don't know this?
+Quote Post
JStroud
post Apr 11 2014, 01:20 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 12,594

Good idea, sorry for any confusion..... Shirts will be printed after t shirt sales and WCR registration is closed. Shirts being shipped will go out as soon as we pick them up from the printer, probably the middle of May.

First post edited
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Apr 11 2014, 01:21 PM
Post #25

Apex killer!

QUOTE(Rand @ Apr 11 2014, 11:07 AM) *

Might be a good idea to state delivery date up front for those who don't know this?

Perhaps, but this is what always happens. I still haven't gotten my t-shirt and poster from last years event... Shipping for the non-participants occurs after the event for the most part. It's a big job by an all volunteer group. If it were me, and it won't be this year, I work over 100 hours a week in two different states. It would happen when I got to it but, it would happen...
+Quote Post
Rand
post Apr 11 2014, 01:40 PM
Post #26

Cross Member

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 11 2014, 12:21 PM) *

Perhaps, but this is what always happens. I still haven't gotten my t-shirt and poster from last years event... Shipping for the non-participants occurs after the event for the most part. It's a big job by an all volunteer group. If it were me, and it won't be this year, I work over 100 hours a week in two different states. It would happen when I got to it but, it would happen...

Hey bro, I totally understand. And huge props to the volunteers. My point was there are people out there who think in amazon terms when it comes to buying something. Buy it get it. Just an idea, maybe say it up front.... delivery will be.... That's all I meant.

It's a new age old man! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (I'm prolly older)
+Quote Post
Jeffs9146
post Apr 11 2014, 02:34 PM
Post #27

Ski Bum

Member No.: 128

No problem Jeff, just wondering!
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Apr 11 2014, 03:07 PM
Post #28

Apex killer!

QUOTE(Rand @ Apr 11 2014, 11:40 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 11 2014, 12:21 PM) *

Hey bro, I totally understand. And huge props to the volunteers. My point was there are people out there who think in amazon terms when it comes to buying something. Buy it get it. Just an idea, maybe say it up front.... delivery will be.... That's all I meant.

It's a new age old man! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (I'm prolly older)

Ha! That Amazon culture is something that is changing the way people think of their dealings with businesses throughout their lives. Not really a sustainable reality, as Amazon found out when they floated the futuristic idea that they would deliver with drones nearly instantly. The FAA says nope! You can't fill the sky with drones carrying boxes. They also came down on a Minnesota beer maker who was in fact, delivering by drone to ice houses on the lakes this last winter.

I suspect it would be better for business to just be more consistent with their logistics than to create an unrealistic futuristic unreality.

What happens when the beer company drone runs into the Amazon drone? It rains beer and glass and some kind of night creme!
Some fisherman goes thirsty and some woman stares in a mirror looking for the new wrinkles that will surely start because they weren't instantly gratified... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
+Quote Post
Rand
post Apr 13 2014, 03:14 PM
Post #29

Cross Member

The drone thing was a stunt. It only worked because you are talking about it.
+Quote Post
JStroud
post Apr 15 2014, 06:24 PM
Post #30

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) Get your orders in, SALES END APRIL 27TH. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)

Need to have the order into the printer by Monday the 28th, so sales end on Sunday.

Don't delay and miss out on a once in a lifetime offer, never to be seen again....Order today!!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)
+Quote Post
JStroud
post Apr 18 2014, 11:15 PM
Post #31

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) Don't miss out, time is running out. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chair.gif)

A 914 shirt for $16 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) what a bargain (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)
+Quote Post
euro911
post Apr 19 2014, 12:16 AM
Post #32

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300
Region Association: Southern California

Just ordered 2 MEDIUM shirts (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Thank you ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
wes
post Apr 19 2014, 01:40 AM
Post #33

wes

Member No.: 8,436

Got one for my wife, look great!
+Quote Post
JStroud
post Apr 21 2014, 08:49 PM
Post #34

Less than a week left......get em while they last !!!!

+Quote Post
JStroud
post Apr 27 2014, 09:40 AM
Post #35

Last chance, order today or miss out (IMG:style_emoticons/default/type.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chair.gif)
+Quote Post
JStroud
post Apr 28 2014, 03:03 PM
Post #36

T shirts have been ordered, sales is closed.

You can still register for WCR, but t shirt sales are closed, those that ordered shirts that are not going to the event, your t shirts will be mailed out May 12-14th.

Thanks to all that ordered,
Jeff
+Quote Post
Rand
post May 4 2014, 10:50 PM
Post #37

Cross Member

Can I buy one at the karting place in Reno where Rob will embarrass himself? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)
Seriously though, can I buy an extra?
(yeah, if you missed the topic, I only want to buy a tshirt. Dang I have to go delete another hundred pms... lol
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post May 5 2014, 08:36 AM
Post #38

Apex killer!

QUOTE(Rand @ May 4 2014, 08:50 PM) *

Can I buy one at the karting place in Reno where Rob will embarrass himself? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)
Seriously though, can I buy an extra?
(yeah, if you missed the topic, I only want to buy a tshirt. Dang I have to go delete another hundred pms... lol

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) Hey wait! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
+Quote Post
JStroud
post May 22 2014, 03:30 PM
Post #39

The t shirts went out USPS today, except for two I didn't have address for, those will go out tommorrow.

Thanks for the orders, it helped make our event awesome, wish you could have made it.

I have three XL shirts left, $21 ea, 2- $38, 3- $54 shipped in conus.
PM me if interested

Jeff
+Quote Post
JStroud
post May 23 2014, 07:39 AM
Post #40

All shirts sold....pending payment

Thanks for all the support,

Jeff
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:49 PM