Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT: health insurance suggestions., got a good company to recommend.
DougC
post Jan 11 2005, 01:33 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,307

Well, we're expecting another baby in April and I need to start thinking about health insurance. Current situation is this: $252.18 per month (pretax) from UnitedHealthCare Ins.Co through my company - covers me and my 2yr old son. I've thought about dropping myself since I've consistantly paid for insurance for the last 5.5 years and haven't gone to the Dr. once. Anyone have any suggestions? TIA!

Doug C
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
MXMARK
post Jan 11 2005, 02:29 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,656

Doug keep what you have. my work pays for half of my policy but none of my family. I pay $685.00 a month for me and the family. I still have a co-pay for urgent care and emergency room. I was thinking about switching to a deductable based plan. I would have to pay the first $1500.00 per person (my wife and daughter) Then my work would pay half of mine.The monthly premium would be $88.00 for me and $241.00 for the family. Lets see that is about $350.00 a month savings. Just keep what you have it sounds good. Thanks Mark
+Quote Post
DougC
post Jan 11 2005, 02:56 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,307

Yeah we're about where you are if you factor in what my wife pays seperately and if you added the extra child that's on the way. I'd like to get us all on the same plan and do a little better on the monthly.

Doug C
+Quote Post
Lou W
post Jan 11 2005, 03:59 PM
Post #4

"Here Kitty Kitty" my ass......

Member No.: 2,039
Region Association: Spain

We're very happy with our insurance, it's Blue Shield. For myself, my wife and our daughter we pay $400.00 per month. It has a 30% deductable with a $2,500.00 out of pocket. A large percentage of our Prescriptions are paid through the policy. Our concern is more for major medical coverage. My wife and I are both self employed. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smile.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 01:33 AM