Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FS 914 project South Florida, Not my car, no affiliation
Seabird
post Apr 7 2014, 07:54 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,683
Region Association: South East States

So on my way up to Sebring the other day a gentlemen followed into a gas station and told me about a 914 he was, over the years, restoring. Apparently project creep set in a while back and he is not in a position to finish it. I thought about it for a little bit but decided I have too many projects of my own so I am passing the contact info on to the forum.

I believe it is a 74 2.0L and he says it has fresh paint and the interior might be partially missing...

Here are the pictures he txt'd me and his contact information.

Goes by T or Mr. T Phone number is : (954) 274-0793

Again I just meet him the once and I do not know him beyond that brief, friendly, encounter.

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/dl.dropboxusercontent.com-16683-1396878842.1.jpg)

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/dl.dropboxusercontent.com-16683-1396878844.2.jpg)

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/dl.dropboxusercontent.com-16683-1396878845.3.jpg)

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/dl.dropboxusercontent.com-16683-1396878846.4.jpg)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
914 carrera
post Apr 8 2014, 09:45 PM
Post #2

I'm new here ...

Member No.: 17,078
Region Association: None

Any idea if the car runs? Price?

Thanks
+Quote Post
Seabird
post Apr 9 2014, 06:00 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 16,683

QUOTE(914 carrera @ Apr 8 2014, 07:45 PM) *

Any idea if the car runs? Price?

Thanks

Not running and the owner said to make him an offer. He told me he has 1,500$ in the paint...
+Quote Post
914 carrera
post Apr 9 2014, 09:41 PM
Post #4

I'm new here ...

Member No.: 17,078

Thanks!
+Quote Post
daytona
post Apr 20 2014, 09:15 AM
Post #5

daytona

Member No.: 17,249

Hi All,
I went to see the car in south Florida with the firm intention to buy it. I made an offer that was not accepted. I will try to give an objective description to maybe save someone a long drive to see the car.
The upper portion of the car is fairly solid. But $1500 for paint? I believe he paid that but he over paid. The finish is shiny and without blemishes, but it is a real inexpensive paint job. The car has rust, a fair amount of rust. Repairing the rust will ruin the paint job regardless of how much was paid for it. Someone did a good job of covering the rust with fiberglass, and in some cases with just resin sprayed over the surface and then painted flat black. I think it would have been better if the rust had been left uncovered so you would really know what you are getting into. It could be that it is not as bad as it seems. The engine is not running. Has new carb installed. There are no seats or back pad. Missing door panel, and no carpet. No passenger door handle, and no fog lights. The passenger door has dings on it. On one of the dings the paint pealed off showing evidence of bondo. No battery tray, rust on floors near the rockers and on rockers. Rust on the bottom of the A pillar, and where the front fenders meet the A pillar. I did not see the bumpers but I was told that he has them and that they need re-chroming. The car has nice wheels and the doors seem to close well, so no apparent sagging. All the glass is there. It could be a nice project for some one. But forget about the new paint work, and who ever buys it will have to hunt for a fair amount of parts. Mr.T the owner was very pleasant and easy to talk with.
This is not a quick fix and get on the road kind of car. If someone is looking for a project, this could be your car. But it is going to be a project.
+Quote Post
URY914
post Apr 20 2014, 05:27 PM
Post #6

I built the lightest 914 in the history of mankind.
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 222

So it is a typical Florida 914....
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:01 PM