Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Exterior Door handle Latch Cam, the plastic, piece that breaks. Question on replacement
913B
post Apr 17 2014, 07:43 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,983
Region Association: None

How do you replace them ?? I mean are you supposed to spread the two arms and pull the plastic out. I was afraid to break the arms by spreading them. Is the correct way to drill the rivet out and pull the pin, then get a shoulder allen bolt and nylon nut to re-assemble. ??

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Valy
post Apr 17 2014, 08:23 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 11,573
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(porsche913b_sp @ Apr 17 2014, 06:43 PM) *

How do you replace them ?? I mean are you supposed to spread the two arms and pull the plastic out. I was afraid to break the arms by spreading them. Is the correct way to drill the rivet out and pull the pin, then get a shoulder allen bolt and nylon nut to re-assemble. ??

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

No drilling!
Just remove the old one and mount the new one instead. The replacement part has modification to ease installation. It's difficult to explain but pretty straight forward when you see the part.
+Quote Post
McMark
post Apr 17 2014, 08:44 PM
Post #3

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419

They're a PITA to get out. But the metal doesn't bent. Do whatever you have to to the plastic, but leave the metal alone.

Also, before you put it back in the car, I've noticed that the new ones tend to hang up on a small lip halfway up. Take a file to the plastic in that area before you install it. If you take a picture of the door handle, I'll put an arrow to what I'm talking about. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
913B
post Apr 17 2014, 09:36 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 3,983

Ahhh geez, I jumped the gun on one and drilled it out, now waiting on some shoulder bolts to replace it.

I was going to re-use an old plastic cam. Am I asking to do it twice or not be cheap and buy a new replacement now ?? My door latch has just been recently cleaned and lubed though.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 07:22 AM