Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Newbie resurrecting a 914: I have questions., 1973 914 being brought back to life after 27 years in storage.
CptTripps
post May 27 2014, 01:38 PM
Post #21

:: Punch and Pie ::

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,342
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ May 25 2014, 07:41 PM) *

Did anyone else notice where the wrecker driver hooked the car? That has to be a pretty solid car or it would have folded up! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) Nice Start!
That was the FIRST thing I noticed too. Funny. Looks like it's missing the square-tubes for those rockers though.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) You're in good hands here.

QUOTE(Portia @ May 27 2014, 03:34 PM) *

New Question: Which company makes the best-fitting restoration parts? Is one better than another?
Restoration Designs makes the best chassis stuff. I don't think you're going to hear too many arguments about that from anyone.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post May 28 2014, 11:43 AM
Post #22

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

congrats on the new car. being new to these cars i suggest you formulate a game plan. sort out one issue/project at a time and don't start with a big pile of parts in the garage. get the fuel system sorted from tank to rear firewall exit point. buy a haynes manual if you don't have one.

k
+Quote Post
GeorgeRud
post May 28 2014, 12:06 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,482
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Restoration design does make some great stuff. Also, Brad Mayeur at 914Ltd has a stiffening kit that fits over the current sills and certainly strengthens that area (as an alternative). The other area to carefully inspect is the 'hell hole' (the area under the battery where the battery acid tends to accumulate along with debris and rots the metal).

No matter which you use, be sure to properly support the door openings so the chassis doesn't twist while welding them in.

I'd also suggest making the car safe first, then take things one step at a time.
+Quote Post
Portia
post Jun 6 2014, 03:14 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 17,396
Region Association: None

Thanks everyone for your replies so far!

New question: How to remove fog lights? I have one with a cracked lens. Do I have to remove the bumper? I took the grille off, but it appears that the attaching screw is inaccessible.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 05:29 PM