Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Transaxle issue, Think I have a broken transaxle
david63
post May 26 2014, 04:50 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,653
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Looking for input here. Driving the 914-6 (3.0 w/side shift 901) this afternoon in 4th gear when I heard a "noise" or whine and smelled something "warm". Of course I slowed down and it did not occur again at low speeds. I was close to home so I got to the driveway and stopped to look into the problem. At this point the shifter would not move and when I let the clutch out it makes a unpleasant grinding noise. I had the wife steer and I pushed it into the garage.

A little background. The car has always had a little grind going into first and I noticed a little more "grind" than usual today if that means anything. I think it is serious because of the sound and odor thing. Possibly just a shifter thing? Probably not? Planning on pulling it and having it rebuilt most likely? Ideas?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 08:08 AM