Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Ideas for non-stock parts that work really well.
ThePaintedMan
post Jun 5 2014, 07:58 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,527
Region Association: South East States

Last weekend I finally got around to installing a new ground strap on the transmission since the car has always turned over pretty slow since I've owned it. I purchased a Taylor Racing ground strap from Summit Racing for $9 (along with my usual racing goodies order). WOW! What a difference. You'd think it was a high-torque starter now. The quality of these are really nice and it's a little longer than the stock strap, which I like. Gives you a little more room when dropping the motor before you remember you need to disconnect it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/tay-20308/overview/

Also, I ordered some 3/8 in Taylor Fire Sleeve to go over the 5/16 30r9 fuel lines I have running to the carbs. In the case of a fire, I want as little chance of fuel igniting as possible. I really like this stuff - it's flexible with a nice fiberglass inner liner. I should have ordered 5/8 ID sleeve though as the 3/8 is still a really tight fit on 5/16 hose. May not be the best decision for a daily driver where you won't check the condition of fuel lines as often, but for racing it seemed like a good idea.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/tay-2511/overview/
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 2)
76-914
post Jun 5 2014, 08:16 AM
Post #2

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

Fire sleeve is more effective if not tight fitting. Did you seal the ends. On AC engines I cinch up the end with safety wire to seal. Also, you need to think of it as a funnel. If you do have a leak where will it go with the fire sleeve installed. Hopefully not onto a hot surface. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)
+Quote Post
r_towle
post Jun 5 2014, 10:04 AM
Post #3

Custom Member

Member No.: 124
Region Association: North East States

Cup holders....
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2024 - 12:54 AM