Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Which fuel pressure regulator?, for running Weber 44 IDF's
Aaron Cox
post Jan 17 2005, 01:46 PM
Post #21

Professional Lawn Dart

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 219
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE (synthesisdv @ Jan 17 2005, 12:45 PM)
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jan 17 2005, 02:22 PM)
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Jan 17 2005, 12:21 PM)
no. put the regulator and gague in the engine compartment. you want to be able to get to them. tank- filter- pump-reg-gauge-carbs.

k

i use another filter before the carbs

me too,

one at the tank and one out back before the fuel reg.

you are anal too! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/happy11.gif)

david..thanks again for the pics you took for me, it apears we have alot of the same stuff dizzy,cdi, wires etc.....
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
r_towle
post Jan 17 2005, 06:45 PM
Post #22

Custom Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 124
Region Association: North East States

I strongly agree that you should not put the fuel pressure guage in the car!!!

Dont run a live pressurized fuel line into the passenger compartment.

You will set the pressure and forget it, no need for the guage to be perminant.

I use a race filter that can be cleaned at the track...for a long time I used he VW ones, but it was messy to replace in a hurry. I now have fuel shut offs on both sides of the filter. The filter is a stone type that filters to the same degree as the vw ones, so it works for me.

Simply unscrew it and wash it with carb cleaner and then put it back in, turn on the fuel and off i go.

I think I got it from Summit.

Rich
+Quote Post
URY914
post Jan 17 2005, 08:40 PM
Post #23

I built the lightest 914 in the history of mankind.
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 222
Region Association: None

QUOTE (lapuwali @ Jan 17 2005, 11:37 AM)
No, mount the gauge near the regulator. You only need to see the pressure when you're twirling the knob on the regulator, so having it inside the car makes that inconvenient. Also, most fuel pressure gauges are mechanical, meaning you'd need to run a fuel tube into the passenger compartment. Very bad if that springs a leak. Personally, I'd not even permanently mount a gauge. Just use one to set the pressure once, then remove it and plug the fitting. One less thing to break and leak fuel.

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/agree.gif)
+Quote Post
dlee1967
post Jan 17 2005, 09:24 PM
Post #24

V8Lurker

Member No.: 327
Region Association: None

Just my 2 cents, but the rotary style fuel pressure regulator that is sold at Bug shops (Bugpack or EMPI bubble pack) and also at Auto Zone (with plastic fittings) is junk. I've had two of them fail in short order. I did replace the plastic fittings with brass units for safety. How do they fail? They don't flow fuel. Their pressure gets lower and lower until no fuel passes. The autopsy revealed no internal damage, but will not allow flow. I have gone to no regulator on my V8 cars and I run two Facets in parallel so I have a backup. The needle and seats can handle the pressure of the Facet.

If your needle and seats cannot handle the Facet pressure and you must run a regulator, I suggest a Holley unit with a good quality gauge mounted away from heat in the engine compartment. My experience with the Holley units has been good on other projects (Lotus 7, Mini GT5 car and Datsun 510)and I have yet to have one fail. Why did I buy the rotary style........I had a cheap streak......It cost me in the long run. David Lee
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st May 2024 - 11:01 AM