Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> SCCA National Event, Crows Landing
Randal
post Jun 15 2014, 09:44 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 750

Live broadcast and results here: http://sololive.scca.com/

Drove down to see the event with Richard Linsdall in his new Tesla. Nice trip and during the day we sat in that supercar with the AC on. Nice.

Anyway, Crow's Landing is a GREAT venue. Not sure why I've heard negative comments about this place as it's HUGE and has a great surface. Not necessarily tire friendly, but grippy.

Like 280 cars and drivers. My first time to see a national event. They are run extremely well.. so well organized.

Watched Bill Charron run in the morning yesterday. I think the surface was dirty and he wasn't hooking up, but he'll be at it again this morning -right about now I think. I think he was good for a low 60 second time yesterday, but not sure what running the course backwards will equate to in time today. Although watching the live feed it seems like times are maybe a bit faster this morning.

Just watching the live feed: Bill didn't run with the EM group, so maybe he isn't running today or has a mechanical. Shoot.

Also got to hang out and watch Britain Smith and Brad Roberts drive the yellow 914. They ran late in the afternoon when the course was clean. Car looked good, but the course (more later about this) was tough to master and you only got three shots to win the prize. Hard to drive that monster smooth on a course that is nothing but slaloms. Also had some performance issues when the ground cable got loose and fell off. TTOD day car, excluding the carts, no question. So much power, but with the slalom setup tough to take advantage.

And the course, unfortunately a poor design. Nothing but slalom courses from the start to the end with two sweepers for turn arounds. It didn't flow and had nothing interesting from a drivers perspective. Who ever designed the course should be made to sit down and read Roger's book on SCCA autoxing.

Sure would have liked to run this event, but maybe next year.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 04:47 PM