Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

> Trying to confirm my '74 2.0 is numbers matching.
mapguy
post Jul 5 2014, 01:55 PM
Post #1

Freelance Generalist

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,945
Region Association: Southern California

All,

I've done a search and found bits here and there, but can't seem to get confirmation. I have thought of doing a COA, but I've heard that they are often missing information, so here goes...

One of the reasons I bought my car is that - to my uneducated eye - the numbers seemed to line up and the car is in amazingly original condition. I just pulled the engine and transmission (going through engine and having Dr Evil do the trans) and it was apparent that this was the first time it had been out. All the fasteners looked new under the layers of air-cooled adobe. Anyway, here's what I got:

VIN - 4742902957
Door date - 09/73
Engine - GA 006499
Transmission - HA 10093
Karmann Plate - 3749594

From this info, it looks like my car was built Sept 13th, 1973. The Karmann plate is throwing me off with the "4" in there. I can only assume this was because of the model year change? Hopefully the image comes out, as the PO painted over the factory Zambezi Green and the Karmann plate.

Also, the engine code appears to be a very late '73. I'm thinking that jives with the early production date for '74. The car has the early gas tank, charcoal can in the front, and silver dot gauges.

Thanks for any confirmation. The 914World community has already helped a ton, and I'm proud to finally be a 914 owner regardless.

Trying to upload images, but the forum bot keeps giving me the finger. What's the best way to host images so they can be embedded?

mapguy

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 12:42 AM