Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> EDIT: update-trouble shooting the fresh air fan: (A funny thing happend on the way to work today?!@?), need to get this fan working before Octeenerfest! - how to trouble shoot the fresh air fan controls, then figure out why its on the wrong circuit---
DRPHIL914
post Aug 5 2014, 08:59 PM
Post #21

Dr. Phil

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,106
Region Association: South East States

Interesting the different issues with these fans. The fan works fine, was bench tested before installing. I replaced the original fan with this one a couple years ago because of this issue. So its not the fan, I messed with controls last night. Pulled controls out sanddd the contacts, checked ground connections. At this point I still think its the contacts/circuit in the controls. I want to source another set of fresh air controls to try.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Chris914n6
post Aug 5 2014, 10:20 PM
Post #22

Jackstands are my life.

Member No.: 431
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(larss @ Aug 4 2014, 09:58 PM) *

QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Aug 4 2014, 09:50 PM) *

...I have a blower that doesn't work on the middle setting, luckily it's not a dead short.

All speeds should be possible to engage but I think you can find a small spot on the control arm movement between every speed setting where the fan goes off on these type of controls...this is to prevent engaging two speeds at the same time...this is how mine seems to work...

/Lars S

That's true, but mines sitting on the floor where I was doing airflow testing for my ac kit <-- shameless plug (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Blower resistors fail fairly often. I've done my share as a mechanic.
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Aug 6 2014, 06:09 AM
Post #23

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Aug 6 2014, 12:20 AM) *

QUOTE(larss @ Aug 4 2014, 09:58 PM) *

QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Aug 4 2014, 09:50 PM) *

...I have a blower that doesn't work on the middle setting, luckily it's not a dead short.

All speeds should be possible to engage but I think you can find a small spot on the control arm movement between every speed setting where the fan goes off on these type of controls...this is to prevent engaging two speeds at the same time...this is how mine seems to work...

/Lars S

That's true, but mines sitting on the floor where I was doing airflow testing for my ac kit <-- shameless plug (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Blower resistors fail fairly often. I've done my share as a mechanic.

i may recheck that at some point but right now i want to test a different control unit because ive had 2 fan boxes installed and they both acted the same way - so my thought is to test a different controller/sliders one that tested fine in another vehicle-
btw- i want to be put on the list for that A/C box, i was reading your thread on that and it seems like it might be a bit of work but worth it for those of us in the south!
- there is another member that had put together a mount etc too i think and is using a newer a/c compressor that will draw much less drain on the motor- i just dont know about running the a/c lines etc. -
any way i digress--- i need to test a different controller --
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 08:58 AM