Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> tuning d-jet 2.0('75) - A/F ratio, effects on engine temp, Am i running lean on highway?- 14.0 @ 65-70 mph
DRPHIL914
post Jul 16 2014, 06:51 AM
Post #1

Dr. Phil

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,106
Region Association: South East States

So i've been able to observe my A/F ratio for the past 2 weeks, driving the car daily to work and some short trips of 30-75 miles.

yesterday evening, with the outside temp being @ 90, i noticed that as i increased my speed from @ 60mph i was running about 190 temp, A/F was @ 12.5-13.2 or so. but as i increased my speed to closer to 70, temp rose to 210 or so, maybe a bit more, and the A/F went up to @14.2 . As i slowed down, and even at idle ,the temp came down to @ 180-190 again.

- so is it because of running more lean? could it be timing/advance effecting this ? or do i need to adjust the MPS?

cold idle it runs at 10.5-11, warms up and driving around town im around 12.5, hard acceleration in leans out some around 13.5, etc .

- its at Bob Woodmans today, getting valves set/checked and timing(lost my timing mark on the impeller) so that will all be sorted out. today and taken out of the equation.

oh, and the thermostat works, fins are in the right position , no blockage etc.
- running brad penn oil.
-
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 02:11 PM