Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> possible backfiring-like issue...not sure
era vulgaris
post Jul 16 2014, 05:38 PM
Post #1

J is for Genius

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,629
Region Association: South East States

I've been driving my car now almost every day that it's not raining. I feel like I've got the engine tuned really well, everything seems to be working as it should.

Except very rarely I have this one issue. It usually happens when the engine is on the cold side, before it's warmed up fully, under somewhat hard acceleration. I'll be accelerating and as I shift - it either happens when shifting from 2 to 3, or from 3 to 4 - there'll be this whip crack sound. It happens just after the shift as I'm letting off the clutch and getting on the gas. I don't know if it's a backfire because it's so sharp of a sound - it's really like the sharp crack of a whip. Backfires I've heard from carb'd cars tend to be a little deeper sounding.

In the few months since I've got my car running reliably, it's only happened maybe 3 or 4 times. So it definitely doesn't happen often, but when it does it's definitely an alarming noise! Just curious if anyone's run into this before.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 06:41 PM