Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT: computer problem, can't access some sites
gopack
post Jan 21 2005, 11:56 AM
Post #1

CHEESEHEAD in CA, MARK

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,472
Region Association: Northern California

I know a bunch of you guys are computer (and otherwise) geeks, so I thought i would ask it here. A few months ago, when I was out of town on buisness, my wife complained she couldn't buy something online. So when I got home I investigated. everytime you go to a website logi n page, or to our bank online banking page, or even yahoo messenger, where you have to log in, it comes up with a web site not found error. A red icon also appears on the bottom of IE, like it is a unauthorized site or sumpthing. I tried to set the security settings as low as possible, but this didnt work either. Any ideas before I wipe the drive and reload EVERYTHING? Oh yeah, I used to run Norton Firewall, but I had some process that seemed to be linked to that program using 100% of my system resources when ever I opened IE, so I deleted it.

TIA for the help.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 08:23 AM