Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FS 914 6? rear chrome bumper SOLD!
marksteinhilber
post Jul 23 2014, 02:32 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,057
Region Association: Southern California

SOLD! New Price $500. I picked up a used southern california chrome bumper that has the sharp creases by the license plate. I understand now that it is an early 69-71 bumper and is also found on a 914-6. This one is in really good shape with some light pitting and a couple small areas where the chrome is missing and hardly noticeable rust. Looking for $700 with everything listed below. Let me know if this is way high. I don't think these are available very often and I've seen new chrome repops for $1100. I'm trying to buy another project car. I thought it would be a good one to put it on my own 914-4, but the ones I'm looking at usually are later cars that have their chrome bumpers, so I'll let this one go. I have polished this with chrome polish. It comes with a decent rubber top, seems to have no rust issues, but center area of rubber top shows some slight dimples from being lightly tapped. Could use a re-spray of black rubber bumper coating. The rubber bumper top is worth at least $75 to $100 just itself. Also has dog bones, 3 bolts, one was missing. Threads are there, and the original license plate bracket is included. I figure these parts are worth another $40, so I'm really looking at about $450 for just the chrome bumper part. One small area, the size of a quarter, or a silver dollar on right side just below the rubber top looks like it was smoothed out with a hammer and dolly. Bumper looks perfect at 3-5 feet. This bumper could easily be made concours perfect by a re-chroming. This would be an excellent driver or even for a show car, but is not perfect. Want to sell all together for the one price. Want to buy another teener to restore.... In Orange County, but work in Long Beach. Can meet in LA area.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Rob-O
post Jul 23 2014, 02:45 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,419
Region Association: Southwest Region

Just a quick note, these were not unique to the 914-6, just to early 914's in general. I think it was late 1972 when they went to the revised bumper (with a more curved license plate recess.

Bumper looks really nice, though. Good luck with the sale!
+Quote Post
GaroldShaffer
post Jul 23 2014, 03:39 PM
Post #3

You bought another 914?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 865
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Rob-O @ Jul 23 2014, 03:45 PM) *

Just a quick note, these were not unique to the 914-6, just to early 914's in general. I think it was late 1972 when they went to the revised bumper (with a more curved license plate recess.

Mid 71 they went to curved
+Quote Post
marksteinhilber
post Jul 28 2014, 02:21 PM
Post #4

Thanks for info on bumper being early, not just 914-6. Will consider offers, but I may keep it.
+Quote Post
Gustl
post Jul 28 2014, 02:49 PM
Post #5

914 enthusiast & historian

Member No.: 2,212
Region Association: Austria

it's just on the wrong side of the big pond ...
+Quote Post
marksteinhilber
post Aug 5 2014, 07:37 AM
Post #6

OK, Will let it go for $500 complete with top, doggones, and license bracket. Can deliver or meet halfway in LA area.
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Aug 5 2014, 07:55 AM
Post #7

bdstone914

Member No.: 1,319

QUOTE(Gustl @ Jul 28 2014, 01:49 PM) *

it's just on the wrong side of the big pond ...

I have mailed rear bumpers to Europe. It is just under the maximum package size.
+Quote Post
Gustl
post Aug 5 2014, 08:16 AM
Post #8

914 enthusiast & historian

Member No.: 2,212
Region Association: Austria

do you remember shipping costs ...?
+Quote Post
marksteinhilber
post Aug 5 2014, 09:45 PM
Post #9

Sale pending.

Sold and Shipped.
+Quote Post
ramblingruss
post Sep 5 2014, 11:43 AM
Post #10

I'm new here ...

Member No.: 4,929

Is the bumper solar?
QUOTE(marksteinhilber @ Jul 23 2014, 01:32 PM) *

New Price $500. I picked up a used southern california chrome bumper that has the sharp creases by the license plate. I understand now that it is an early 69-71 bumper and is also found on a 914-6. This one is in really good shape with some light pitting and a couple small areas where the chrome is missing and hardly noticeable rust. Looking for $700 with everything listed below. Let me know if this is way high. I don't think these are available very often and I've seen new chrome repops for $1100. I'm trying to buy another project car. I thought it would be a good one to put it on my own 914-4, but the ones I'm looking at usually are later cars that have their chrome bumpers, so I'll let this one go. I have polished this with chrome polish. It comes with a decent rubber top, seems to have no rust issues, but center area of rubber top shows some slight dimples from being lightly tapped. Could use a re-spray of black rubber bumper coating. The rubber bumper top is worth at least $75 to $100 just itself. Also has dog bones, 3 bolts, one was missing. Threads are there, and the original license plate bracket is included. I figure these parts are worth another $40, so I'm really looking at about $450 for just the chrome bumper part. One small area, the size of a quarter, or a silver dollar on right side just below the rubber top looks like it was smoothed out with a hammer and dolly. Bumper looks perfect at 3-5 feet. This bumper could easily be made concours perfect by a re-chroming. This would be an excellent driver or even for a show car, but is not perfect. Want to sell all together for the one price. Want to buy another teener to restore.... In Orange County, but work in Long Beach. Can meet in LA area.

+Quote Post
marksteinhilber
post Sep 5 2014, 02:26 PM
Post #11

Sold!
+Quote Post
euro911
post Feb 15 2015, 02:28 AM
Post #12

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300

QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Jul 23 2014, 01:39 PM) *
QUOTE(Rob-O @ Jul 23 2014, 03:45 PM) *

Mid 71 they went to curved
Yeah, old thread, I know. My wife's '71 has a build date of January 1971 and has the 'curvy' rear bumper. 'Mid-year' '71 builds would have been prior to the end of the year in 1970, wouldn't they? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:38 PM